Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 30-Aug-2012, 21:48
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
I have run your problem past JP (the creator of Ducatidiag) and he says you will be OK so long as the dash is uncoded.
Old 30-Aug-2012, 23:35
Mille

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow. Don't fully understand the need to get rid of IMMO to work with Nemesis ECU but that's what the man off ebay said. Maybe he's been conned into paying to de-IMMO his clock.

Already had a couple of offers to remove IMMO from ECU.

If it doesn't work I just miss out on doing Croft this Saturday & send my clock off to scorpio. or try & get ducatidiag to work & use that as rev counter.
I suppose as long as I use enough tank tape around the laptop it'll be OK!
Old 31-Aug-2012, 20:20
Mille

The IMMO function has not been removed from the dash. That answers that Q of why you would need to remove it when using a Nemesis ECU.

Unless I can get Ducatidiag working enough to show the rev counter I looks like Croft is off tomorrow. Hopefully I can flog my space.

I'll get my 2 dashes sent off to Scorpio beginning of next week & see how quick he turns it around.

Thanks for assistance.
Old 31-Aug-2012, 20:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
The IMMO function has not been removed from the dash. That answers that Q of why you would need to remove it when using a Nemesis ECU.

Bummer, but what I thought would be the case, maybe you should be asking for some of your money back if they were sold as having the IMMO turned off.

Ducatidiag shouldn't be a problem, I've done the lead for mine so it picks up the power off the 2-way amphenol Superseal Auxilary socket, saves having to try and find somewhere to connect the croc clips to

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 31-Aug-2012, 21:04
Mille

Ducatidiag crashes everytime i turn the engine on. very very occasionally it has actually worked but 9 times out of 10 it fails.

Resigning myself to missing Croft - shouldn't have fallen off at Donny!!!!
Old 31-Aug-2012, 21:18
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
Ducatidiag crashes everytime i turn the engine on. very very occasionally it has actually worked but 9 times out of 10 it fails.

Resigning myself to missing Croft - shouldn't have fallen off at Donny!!!!

The solution for this is to use a USB hub. There is a post on the Ducatidiag forum about it.
Old 01-Sep-2012, 00:07
Mille

Tried using a hub before & different computers without much sucess.

Tried again, downloaded latest KKL drivers, run as XP compatible & as admin.
Connected to check to see if it works, disconnected then started bike & connect again. After a bit of fiddling & a couple of 'not responding' finally got it to work reasonably consistently.

Just have to hope Croft noise man accepts the laptop rev counter, can't see why he won't & that DD working tonight wasn't a fluke.

Hoping for fine weather now.
Old 21-Sep-2012, 08:01
Mille

New & existing clocks have been returned from Scorpio electronics after being cloned. New clock now has same mileage as existing & bike turns over with new clock in place using the existing keys.
Bike can’t be started yet as the petrol tank is not connected but fairly sure the IMMO affected the starter circuit so think this is a result.