Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC & Ducati Events
Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 28-Aug-2013, 21:27
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
I would just like to say what a great day I had yesterday. The weather was near perfect. Thanks to Antony, Andy and Neil for the share of their tea and coffee and company.
This is only my second track day and I would advise anyone who has never done one and is thinking of doing one, to do a club one. The social side of it being an important part of it for me.
I apologise to anyone in the Novice group that I may have held up and the Novice group is where I think I'll stay but I had fun.
Old 29-Aug-2013, 08:51
Bikes: Ducati monster 620i A class - now a track bike, Triumph Sprint ST

Mood: Did I ever tell you that I ride a Ducati?
I'd second that - a great day out. Although I was in pit 9 - serves me right for getting there early. Actually I camped so was in the pits by 7am! Watching the sun go down over Brands Hatch, with a glass of dandelion and burdock in my hand, was a rare treat. Got up early, changed my brake pads, put the fairing back on, gave it a kiss etc...

I was on the little 620 Ducati, red and black fairing, underseat exhaust. Black and blue wolf leathers and riding around in the novice group. I was lapping at about 1.18 according to the other half which for me, is a new lap record. So i'm chuffed. David in Hampshire sets himself a new lap record. Simple things in life I seem to remember a 996 out there too... Did anyone catch my green moment?

Just a thought, any chance that all the club gather in the same area of the pits next time? I'm sure you can book them just like Parkinsons did. And when exactly is 'next time'? And a T shirt - must get a matching Ducati T shirt. What a tart I am.

Thanks all

David
Old 29-Aug-2013, 14:29
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinHampshire
I was on the little 620 Ducati, red and black fairing, underseat exhaust. Black and blue wolf leathers and riding around in the novice group.

Hi David, didn't get to meet you but was part of a discussion early in the day about who was on the DD bike. You've got the bike now come do some racing with the rest of us, best fun you'll ever have.
Old 29-Aug-2013, 14:32
Bikes: 1199 Panigale

Hi all,

I'm sorry that I didn't manage to link up any of the names on the forum with faces on Tuesday, but what a great day out! I'd be keen next time around to be better organised and figure out in advance which garage you were all going to be in to get to know everyone a bit better.

Anyone else as impressed as I was with the Multistrada running in Intermediates? I rode one for a week in Italy last year and loved it, and seeing it on the track just reinforced to me what a great all rounder it is.

I was on the solitary Panigale running in the Novice group, parked in garage 29.

Ian

Last edited by Ian_944 : 29-Aug-2013 at 16:39.
Old 29-Aug-2013, 16:14

Racing? Do you have a 'fat knacker' class? Not the bike - me! Wouldn't mine and actually, it was very interesting to do a track day with similar types of, and powered, bikes. Actually, I wasn't that bad! Over took a few - the usual suspects - and got beaten on the straights plenty of times too. But yeah, it was better than being in a novice class on an open track day at Donington. Why they had obviously good riders on R1's in the novice group is beyond me.

Would i need an ACU licence to race?

David
Old 29-Aug-2013, 22:11
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinHampshire
Racing? Do you have a 'fat knacker' class?
Would i need an ACU licence to race?

David

Called class B so you'red be joining me Yes you would need ACU licence but easy enough to get.
Old 30-Aug-2013, 08:59

A-ha! Bike is a 620 with fuel injection so doesn't that make it a class A?
Old 30-Aug-2013, 10:30
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Glad everyone had a good and safe day.

Fully reports very welcome but if detailed (eg with photo's) perhaps check with Antony as he's always after articles for the club magazine - make yourself famous!

As for T-shirts David, I hope they will have DSC written on

Maybe next time - Cheers - Frank
Old 30-Aug-2013, 10:44

Antonye - you getting this?

So where is my T shirt and when's the next day? Got some good photo's of me if you need something to write about.

David
Old 30-Aug-2013, 10:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If you write up your experience and send it to pronto@ducatisportingclub.com along with some pics, if it gets published in the magazine you'll get a t-shirt!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!