Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Aug-2006, 08:53
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Question PC III help and advice please

Have finally found the money to buy one. I've a 749s my05, Termi's and standard ECU and filters. Any advice on fitting and where to mount. Will this get rid of the factory flat spot or do I still need ECU. Does this negate the need for the CO to be altered at the dealers. Will one of the preset maps be ok or do I need dyno time.
Help please.
Thanks
G

Last edited by BIG-G : 12-Aug-2006 at 06:44.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 09:23
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i would personally get it fitted and set up by someone thats knows what they are doing. a custom map usually gives better results as all engines are slightly different. set up correctly it should make a noticible difference.
Old 12-Aug-2006, 12:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
I found the install pretty easy (for the 749 anyway), its just an earth lead on to the battery and an easy unplug/plug in of the main connector. it works fine on the stock ecu.

Would definitely get it mapped tho' . Had mine done by dynotech near Basingstoke, £175 for a a seperate map for each cylinder, very smooth and torquey, no more flatspot. 85 miles between fill up and warning light tho!!

base map did not work too well for me.
Old 12-Aug-2006, 12:52
Big Twin

I tie wrapped mine to the frame not on the battery as it hits the fairing, look on the samco hoses thread for a picture of my bike with a PC3 fitted, cables reach the battery no problem and it can be reprogrammed without removing the fairing.
Old 12-Aug-2006, 20:26
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Mount it on the right side using P clips and a small square of carbon fibre.
Old 13-Aug-2006, 11:31
Big Twin

I fitted a PC on my S4 took about 10 mins to fit and was fool proof. For the interim i downloaded a map to match my mods, But it is better to get a custom map, as when i had mine done it released a further 3bhp and made it smoother and more responsive. Now have 101.5bhp @ the wheel on my Monster.. Ohh the fun
Old 14-Aug-2006, 11:21
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
I went to Crescent Suzuki this weekend and they definetly recommend a custom map,apparently they put a sniffer in the exhaust pipe which then sends the details to a computer which in turn programs the powercomander.On a GSXR 1000 K5-6 power is up from 159 bhp to over 170bhp with a slip on and 178bhp with a full system and improved throttle response to boot.Now were's my cheque book.
Old 16-Aug-2006, 18:00
Mille

I put mine on the cam belt cover on the right hand side, it's Velcrod on so it just pulls of when you want, I think it's a better place than on the battery,
it fit's in seconds,
Old 16-Aug-2006, 19:22
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Thanks for info. I've fitted on right using a Scottoiler bracket onto frame behind fairing, loads of room. Loaded map and running fine.
Cheers