Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Oct-2006, 21:06
500SD

Biposto Seat

I was thinking about possibly making a conversion dummy cover for the biposto seat cover. Ive been watching a mate do a project making a mould and then glassing it. Its just that monoposto seats are rarer and bloody expensive and all I want is to take the pad off now and then and make it the same level.

I was thinking of putting some vent slots in the top, it would have captive bolts so it could be swapped quick back to Bip.

By the time I would have forked out £50-60 for the mono ebay ones and bought the lamps,£20 ish and seat pad anything from £30 and then make the quick connect wiring and Alarm cable and led and then the seat lock pin and hinges and then the respray I reckon at least £150 -200.

Do you think its feasible. Or has anyone got a pretty trashed seat unit with all the bits going cheap or a Bip one that I could use as a mould base.

Thanks
Andy
Old 18-Oct-2006, 21:50
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 748 sp,748 bip , 600ss dd,speed triple.

Mood: neeeeeeed piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
you can buy a cover for the seat as i have seen them but i dont know where you can buy one .
Old 18-Oct-2006, 22:04
500SD

Thanks for that. I really want a good fitting one though as my seat has been number boarded. I will hunt for one and it may be good for making better.
Old 19-Oct-2006, 11:03
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
You can buy a new fibre glass seat already painted up with number boards for about £100. You can still use yoyr existing lights in takes about 10 mins to swap over and you couls also use your bip front seat pad. I'm using all mu bip brackets and lights on my mono seat with no problems at all.
Old 19-Oct-2006, 12:45
Mille

Same here I have a HC racetech seat which aren't the best in the world but fairly good. I can put my Biposto seat unit back on in ten mins.

Sorry don't know how to post picture on this new set up.