Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Sep-2013, 00:08
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Even though I like the wet, calling us that early just isn't fair to the riders. Changes maybe required in set up. Maybe race control see us as a easy option as it Keeps the race programme ticking along ? Hottrax are clearly under commercial pressure to cram as much in a possible to make money and probably on ( quite tight margins.
However, I do agree with some of the earlier comments especially about declaring the races. If its declared a wet race then it should run flag to flag regardless of the weather, unless its becomes unsafe, but why call the races dry when clearly the forecast had a huge percentage of rain! The skill of calling the correct tyres is all part of racing in weather like that. Wet front, dry rear or full wets, inters if you are allowed to run them etc. Wet tyres anyone? No I'm not opening that can of worms up again! I know Trudie is in consultation with rc and I'm sure they'll get the message, our grids are large so really I think they should listen and hopefully they will make sensible changes once educated of our predicament.

Last edited by Spjallen : 16-Sep-2013 at 09:23.