Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Aug-2005, 09:55
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
996r ECU on a 916

Does anyone know if a standard 100Kw ECU from a 996r will work and make any difference to my 1996 916.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 10:51
Ducati Corse

Don't believe it will fit Crunchy. Ignoring for a minute that they are very different engine/injection systems, the 916 has the ECU box mounted under the seat and the 996R - like all the Testastrettas - has the ECU mounted next to the battery under the right hand side fairing. It's a completely different design. Why do you want to change the ECUs over?
Old 30-Aug-2005, 10:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
The 996R ecu is the 5.9M type and as I see it offers no advantage over the 1.6M ECU fitted to the 916, if you wanted to fit the 996R ECU there are a few bits you would need to change, the main harness is different as is the front harness and the pressure sensor and Temp sensors.
The 996R also uses shower injectors which I presume dictate a big difference in the fuel map.
There are a variaty of different chips for the 916's ECU some that work better than others and there is also the fitting of a Power Comander to be considered.

Kev
Old 30-Aug-2005, 17:03
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Thanks guys. I have since spoke to my mechanic and he has also infomed me that it wont work. Just thought that it might improve performance.