Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Apr-2006, 11:35
Mille

Mood: Very thirsty
I\'ve Never Said This Before But I\'m Going to Say it Now .....

.... Plod who run the Bike Safe day in London are a top bunch of bods.

Like a lot of people I had my reservations about spending a day in the company of 6 Police Motorcyclists, (i) because I didn't know what their attitude would be and (ii) because like any of these rider skills type things I thought it would be heavy on the bearded, pipe smoking rhetoric.

Well I couldn't have been more wrong .... the Coppers were an absolutely top bunch of bods, demonstrating a real life understanding of bike riders, the fun they want to have and the hazzards they face on a daily basis; and the info they imparted was invaluable.

£30 (for the day) to tap into a wealth of experience is incredible VFM (and that included lunch). We all think we know what we're doing, some of us with many years riding under our belts, having experienced of most things that are likely to be thrown at us, but I for one came away with additional knowledge that I didn't start the day with which has got to be worth £30. Clearly it is not designed to replace the IAM or RoSPA type courses, but it's a very good intro.

And by all accounts the Bike Safe initiative is have a positive effect on the incident stats i.e. they're dropping in London. All I hope is that TFL continue to support this initiative and don't cut it as some sort of savings drive.

It's good to be able to post a positive encounter with Her Majesty's Police Force.

Jiminy
Old 10-Apr-2006, 11:40
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Quite right,a few of us from the DSC did the very same 2 years ago in Surrey with PC Ken Wheeler,top day with top instructors.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 13:30
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Wish I could say the same when I enquired about bikesafe.
Wouldn't give me the time of day.
Thats Strathclyde for you though.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 13:40
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
i'm a Scouser, the likelyhood of me going anywhere with a copper that's not in the back of a Transit.... is fairly minimal
Old 10-Apr-2006, 14:26
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
Police Motorcyclists

Weeksy do you support Liverpool or Everton?
Old 10-Apr-2006, 14:28
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jiminy
.... Plod who run the Bike Safe day in London are a top bunch of bods.

Like a lot of people I had my reservations about spending a day in the company of 6 Police Motorcyclists, (i) because I didn't know what their attitude would be and (ii) because like any of these rider skills type things I thought it would be heavy on the bearded, pipe smoking rhetoric.

Well I couldn't have been more wrong .... the Coppers were an absolutely top bunch of bods, demonstrating a real life understanding of bike riders, the fun they want to have and the hazzards they face on a daily basis; and the info they imparted was invaluable.

£30 (for the day) to tap into a wealth of experience is incredible VFM (and that included lunch). We all think we know what we're doing, some of us with many years riding under our belts, having experienced of most things that are likely to be thrown at us, but I for one came away with additional knowledge that I didn't start the day with which has got to be worth £30. Clearly it is not designed to replace the IAM or RoSPA type courses, but it's a very good intro.

And by all accounts the Bike Safe initiative is have a positive effect on the incident stats i.e. they're dropping in London. All I hope is that TFL continue to support this initiative and don't cut it as some sort of savings drive.

It's good to be able to post a positive encounter with Her Majesty's Police Force.

Jiminy

you wanna stop and look at the public mate! the job would be brilliant without the public!!!!
Old 10-Apr-2006, 14:34
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by ariel
Weeksy do you support Liverpool or Everton?

Liverpool. Season ticket holder from when i was about 8-20
Old 10-Apr-2006, 14:35
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yeah the police might just about manage to keep law and order without the public.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 15:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
yeah the police might just about manage to keep law and order without the public.

I heard that the chelmsford massive are revolting?:P