Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Jun-2006, 14:51

ST or VFR

Getting rid of the 748 so as the missus can come out with me,so what do I get for two up riding.I like the st4,but am thinking of a vfr too,if only to keep running costs down,which would you have ?
Old 02-Jun-2006, 14:59
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
My old man has an ST4 which he loves it to bits!

He did a big trip to WDW in 2004 and pulled up in Monaco in Ducati style, maybe not the same on a VFR.

OK servicing is a little higher, but a small price to pay to be part of Ducati'sti.

Andy
Old 02-Jun-2006, 15:18
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Or a Multistrada ?????
Old 02-Jun-2006, 15:54

I had a VFR until yesterday when I got a Multi. The VFR is good (& for a pillion) but its so good its bland. You will find yourself doing silly speeds as its the only way to get some fun out of it. I reckon after the Duke you will find it soul-less & uninvolving after a while (I did even after a Firestorm!) Stay with a Ducati & dont rule the Multi out, I tried quite a few bikes & it can do everything with the fun added in.
Hope you find something your happy with.
Old 02-Jun-2006, 19:01
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Cool Enjoy every Ride - The Duc

Just thrashed to UK and Back in monsoon and sunny weather - the ST4s never put a foot wrong on motorways or wonderful french N roads. 1624mls of pure love affair.

Don't hesitate go get a good ST4s and never ever look back. Sex on wheels - yes. Pure rock n roll and as cool as the blues.

If you like junk food, loose women, and fast cars then get the other wonda, but if you like your entertainment in it's purest form - get the Duc.
Old 02-Jun-2006, 22:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I have never heard anyone say, nice VFR (havent got one though) but even though I ride an ST4 people stop and look, when I stop people are always interested. I reguarly ride with my wife (as pillion) she didnt like the Multi but loves the ST4.

I parked next to a guy at Oulton Park last year who got off his 99* and looked at me and said ah, the thinking mans Ducati !

Isnt a VFR an 800 ? must be harder work than the wonderfully flexible 916/996 V Twin.

Of course its unlikely that anyone you find on here isnt going to support ideas of you getting a VFR
Old 02-Jun-2006, 22:54
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
I test rode a vfr vs st2 when I went to look for me last bike... guess which I bought!
Old 02-Jun-2006, 23:38
Ducati Corse

I've owned a VFR750 FT, a ST3 and a VFR800i and in my view the VFR800 pre Vtec is the cream of the bunch on build quality, performance, handling and resale - probably the only bike anyone could ever need .... I've also got a 996
Old 05-Jun-2006, 12:27
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

I've got an ST3 and ST2, both very competent touring bikes and both been on lengthy European trips, tried an ST4s which was very quick ! Never tried the VFR, have to say, I did try to sort a test ride but found the H*nda people not very good to deal with when trying to organise it.

The ST3 is really great and reviews very favourably against the VFR in the mags, it does all that we want, long haul 2 up trips with luggage (top box, panniers and tank bag) are great fun. Comfort with the new style seats and fairings is better than the ST2/4 and you have the character of an "L" twin. Guess the running costs may be a bit higher but it's a price you pay for a bike with a bit of character.

Well worth trying one, seem to be some great deals out there on new ones at the moment.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 06-Jun-2006, 15:34

Mood: Ready
Thumbs up I test drove >>

the BMW 1200RT, Pan, FJR1300, Fazer thou, and other stuff but fell in love with the ST4S when I test drove it at Mnachester Ducati. Never had a duc before - wasn't sure I'd like it! Been to France on it and did the Yorkshire dales with the missus last Sunday. Love it!