Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jun-2006, 11:26
Ducati Corse

Huge thanks to Lily & Jon for hosting a lovely gathering on Tues night - great food & also great company.
Thanks also for offering your lounge floor for us to camp on, rather than us having to unload the bike from the van so we (and Bones) could kip indoors, much much appreciated.
Big round of applause goes to Ian (DSR) for his fantastic chilli burgers best I've had EVER! - so - where is the recipe then?????

Had a great day at the track in my usual guise of 'camp slob' whilst AK was flitting about fettling bits & bobs.
Good to eventually meet Gizmo & Lindsay - as well as catching up once again with novern chums BDG, Martin (who should have brought other tyres apart from slicks eh for the morning? ) and other happy 'regular' faces- including my little donut chum again

Urban & Paul James overtook us on the way home, but despite looking out for Roof, we didnt see you burd.

Dickie was obviously 'having a focussing time' on the M1, as we shot past waving out of the van window - you didnt even raise an eyebrow mate - must have been on auto pilot

Cheers to one & all for the great norvern spirit - cant wait to see some of you again when we come up to race next week!

Sorry to hear about your right foot being heavy Tonio - no trailers in the 'fast lane' nit!
Old 29-Jun-2006, 11:28
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
That place is a bit scary in the wet
Great day, still no idea where the track goes and a bit apprehensive about racing there, but I'll give it a shot anyway Nice to see a load of the DD lot out there chasing round, Fil2 was flying, going to be a good battle at the top
Old 29-Jun-2006, 11:35
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great day, great company, great track.

Many thanks to Freak and Lil for the hospitality on Tues eve and to No Limits for another great trackday.

Special thanks to Fil2 who was kind enough to lend me his 2007 championship winning 620 for the day, as mine is not a happy bunny at the mo (hope Nelly can sort it out for me, just 8 days before the race!!!!)

The white beauty is very fast and well set up. I didn't thrash it honest mister!!!! - just ask Couch!!!

Got home at 11pm, then had Harry's night feeds to keep me focussed - tired now!!
Tim
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Great day, great company, great track.

Many thanks to Freak and Lil for the hospitality on Tues eve and to No Limits for another great trackday.

Special thanks to Fil2 who was kind enough to lend me his 2007 championship winning 620 for the day, as mine is not a happy bunny at the mo (hope Nelly can sort it out for me, just 8 days before the race!!!!)

The white beauty is very fast and well set up. I didn't thrash it honest mister!!!! - just ask Couch!!!

Got home at 11pm, then had Harry's night feeds to keep me focussed - tired now!!
Tim

LOL I briefly saw Fil2's bike as he passed me and disappeared

Not a bad day for me I'm getting used to the bike, I think I managed one session where I wasn't lapped by at least one 620 so that's an improvement
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
Me to

I see that Dickie got there, git

still goner kick his ass though

oh the comedy of it!
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Wicked day, I love it when the weather/your confidence improves through the day.

Many thanks to JPM/Lily for the bbq. Lovely house and a great get together of the north and south. Look forward to digging deeper into Ian's video iPod files next time.....

Still not sure about the circuit. I enjoyed it, but struggled to get a good clean lap in. It's not a circuit where you can afford to ride the kerbs, and a couple of trips to the grass had me changing my metaphorical keks! Definitely seem to me to be somewhere that takes a few days to get the hang of, and not somewhere you'd want to be racing in the wet.... oil on glass springs to mind.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:42
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
.... oil on glass springs to mind.

I thought Donington was bad, but it's not a patch on that place! I came in after the sighting laps thinking my front tyre was flat cos the front kept trying to tuck and move around. Either that or the place is a death trap. 31 psi.....oh poo
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:50
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib
I thought Donington was bad, but it's not a patch on that place! I came in after the sighting laps thinking my front tyre was flat cos the front kept trying to tuck and move around. Either that or the place is a death trap. 31 psi.....oh poo

i did the same; literally thought somethng was up with my bike until ali came in and said "is it just me or is it fcuking slippery out there"

will be good fun if its wet for those that havent been there before.

skittles are us.
Old 29-Jun-2006, 12:55
BSB Star

yes a big thanks to lily and jpm for their hospitality (loved the house), and for getting so many dsc'ers together.

great evening before the trackday, great track. just a shame its 4 hours from me. well worth the visit though.
Old 29-Jun-2006, 13:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You lot must be riding too fast.

I remember Oulton being quite grippy in the wet :S

In the olden days