Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Prev   Next
Old 17-Apr-2017, 21:22
Bikes: Multistrada 1200s

Smile My lost love 1098

Back in 2007 I had a new 1098 but having hit on hard times had to sell within 6 months. It's still one that plays on my mind. Regret.... I've been thinking about it over the last couple of weeks and thought that if it came up for sale I may be tempted to try and get it back if available. Bit sad and I wouldn't be able to for about 12 months but then you never know and if someone wanted to sell at that point it may work for both parties. Anyway,I've checked it out and it's had no MOT and been on SORN since May 2012. This is where I get cautious and why I've started this now rather than later in the year. I know the registration BX07 **Z. Probably not good form to add the complete number. It was a red standard and the chap I sold it to lived in the Hull area. Once again I know generally where but wouldn't want to narrow it down further openly in respect to him. I collected him the day we completed the transaction and I have good memories of the long conversation we had on the way down to the Midlands. He had a 748 and gave me the impression he would be keeping the 1098 for a few years. What makes me really cautious is the 5 years since last MOT'd. I know this could be as simple as taken off the road and now a track bike but also cautious that it may have suffered road damage and sitting somewhere as a result in which case a PM may be coming my way and I'll let it go....(or, it's still only plastic and metal and the rider is more important).
Anyway if anyone knows anything about it I'd love to know it's story.
I must have 'feelings' for it as I couldn't care less about my (and my wife says to my eternal shame)
SV650s, GSXr600(2), ZX6r(2), R1, 749s, Street Triple R, S2Rs, Monster 696, ER5, Z750, etc etc. I really think I'd have married the 1098 had fate not split us up

Cheers

Tony

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit