Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Prev   Next
Old 22-Feb-2006, 19:30

Carol Nash Insurance

Hi,
Changed my insurance company to Carol Nash on Saturday and received an excellent quote or so I thought?
Cover for Ducati Monster 1000 and Harley Dyna Lowrider.
At the time informed them of non legal exhaust system (Remus ducati performance) and Stage 1 on the Harley. Both exhausts not road legal and accessories on the Harley. The cost was £362 FC and there was no problem with the exhausts. Conversation was recorded by CN for future back up incase I don't disclose all info. The underwriter is Equite Red Star. Anyway the documents arrive on Tuesday and there's a box saying NO for changes in vehicles from manufactures spec. I phone them last night and informed they of this slight oversight on they're part. CN then inform me that they can't insure because 1) Equity Red Star don't do chrome accessories and my HD is considered a custom. They then inform me they can't insure the ducati because of the exhaust system. I mention the HD is also not road legal and is stamped accordingly whereas the ducati is not. They will not insure the ducati and say " lucky you phoned us as we would not pay out in the event of an accident". Why accept a illegal system on the HD but not on the ducati??? They have NO answer. Initially they wanted to charge me a £25 admin charge but would listen to the telephone conversation to check I'd disclosed everything. Just been informed they'll make me a full refund. Nice of them!!
Anyway if your insured by CN and through equity red star and have an illegal exhaust system then according to they're customer services dept your not insured. Not a problem if your bike gets nicked.
Decided to go with ebike and informed them of the exhaust situation - no problem as long as I declare as a modification. In the event of an accident will only replace with legal system. Cost of insurance with ebike £356.

Geoff