Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 15-Oct-2009, 01:41
Mille

4 of the 5 of you that consider taking the **** out of serious suggestions to improve the series dont even ride or turn up at DD races, so instead of being busy cuddling up to each other and patting each other on the back, why dont some of you get off your arses and attend a few meetings, and see for yourselves the groundswell of opinion from people that wont necessarily stand up and be counted here, because believe me, carry on being such ****ers and you wont have a club before much longer. You are so far up your own arses that you cant see the problems for looking. Well dont worry, I'll get Maxxis to withdraw their offer, you stick to your guns and bury your heads in the sand, and watch when a rival sponsored series starts, which one day it is sure to do if you carry on thinking you dont need to develop and improve. I cant believe allegedly adult people see their way clear to talk such utter ******** as I have just read in this post. Why ask for suggestions for improvement when all you want to do is take the **** out of any suggestions that arent yours? Many people have left this club because of exactly this attitude, and still you cant see a need to change your attitudes....it's pathetic, it really is.
Oh yes, and if any of you ever have cause to need that non existant letter, remember that....it IS non existant.
Old 15-Oct-2009, 07:15
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
The book is now closed and will soon be paying out on this bad boy going over 100!
Old 15-Oct-2009, 08:11
Mille

Mood: elated
Unhappy a serious piont!

contentious yes but serious, so let loose the childish banter and leave only sensible suggestions, as people have already said there are refresh programmes for next season on hold until this issue is resolved and we would like to test with the new tyre asap. i know i would. so come on ladies and gents, stop the mud slinging and lets get on with the business at hand, please!
Old 15-Oct-2009, 08:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
You can't and won't please all of the people all of the time.

The forum can't win, it is accused of being too serious, then not serious enough?

There is a structured process in place for the refresh/suggestion of the rules of DD for 2010, it has been clearly stated how the process will be handled.

The majority of DD'ers do not post on this forum, but many utilise the correct email process to make valid suggestions.

The organisers of DD have stated they will not be taking random suggestions from the forum.

But it remains a place for discussion, debate and **** taking, you are either in or out.

You decide to participate or not.

The peasants of DD have been revolting for years....long may it continue!!
Old 15-Oct-2009, 09:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Having now finished for this season, our thoughts need to turn to the 2010 season and in particular the current rules and any changes that might be warrented.

Kevin and I have started on a review already and identified a small number of clarification issues that need to be addressed.

However, as in past years it is important that we hear from any registered rider (this year or next) as to any suggestions that they may have regarding the current rules or changes that they would like to see for 2010.

If you have any suggestions then please send them via e-mail to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com by the 31st of October.

Please be advised that we will only take into account items forwarded via this method, we are not going to trawl through posts on the Forum, to see if we miss anything.

As all serious suggestions should be submitted as layed out in accordance with the Desmo Due rules and that being the basis for this topic as noted in the very first post, then any suugestion made under this post aren't considered as offical and leave themselves open to attracting banter.

So far emails have been received that have included among others

Removal of the wording to do with ignition timing to allow it to be altered
Allowing Crank Balancing
A combined minimum weight for Bike and rider
Use of Carburetors on Class A bikes
Change to Maxxis tyres
Blue Printing of engines
Change wording to cleary ban any use of devices that change ignition timing
Don't go to Maxxis, if not Pirellis then look at Bridgestones
Use of Wets
Use of Warmers
Switch to Dunlop Alpha 10s
Open up rules on sub frame mods futher to allow for crash repairs
Do away with the control tyre and allow a tyre free for all where everyone can use what they want

In some cases there is only one suggestion with others there are two, three or four

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 15-Oct-2009, 09:33
Mille

Mood: elated
Smile piont taken

i take the hint about about being too serious and have already submitted my email suggestions.
Old 15-Oct-2009, 10:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
. Well dont worry, I'll get Maxxis to withdraw their offer,

Do it my way or I will take my ball home... How to make friends and influence people?

Well that's probably the final nail in the coffin for the Maxxis debate; - why would a race series want to commit its riders to a tyre that could be taken away from them at the drop of a hat because somebody did not get their way? I can see it now...."Protest that rider or I will get the offer withdrawn"

Good luck guys with your ideas for next season, as has been said you are never going to please all of the people all of the time and tyres for some reason seem to be such an emotive subject, they have been for the day of conception of DD, - I still have the e-mails from March 2005....Go for Barum tyres, add a bit of fun!

Ian
Old 15-Oct-2009, 10:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
4 of the 5 of you that consider taking the **** out of serious suggestions to improve the series dont even ride or turn up at DD races, so instead of being busy cuddling up to each other and patting each other on the back, why dont some of you get off your arses and attend a few meetings, and see for yourselves the groundswell of opinion from people that wont necessarily stand up and be counted here, because believe me, carry on being such ****ers and you wont have a club before much longer. You are so far up your own arses that you cant see the problems for looking. Well dont worry, I'll get Maxxis to withdraw their offer, you stick to your guns and bury your heads in the sand, and watch when a rival sponsored series starts, which one day it is sure to do if you carry on thinking you dont need to develop and improve. I cant believe allegedly adult people see their way clear to talk such utter ******** as I have just read in this post. Why ask for suggestions for improvement when all you want to do is take the **** out of any suggestions that arent yours? Many people have left this club because of exactly this attitude, and still you cant see a need to change your attitudes....it's pathetic, it really is.
Oh yes, and if any of you ever have cause to need that non existant letter, remember that....it IS non existant.

Blimey!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 15-Oct-2009, 15:49
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I don't give a monkey's ball bag what rule changes come out as long it doesn't hit my wallet, if Maxxis want to offer budget tyres and they're safe then why not let them? There are 2 tyre manufacturers in F1 and it's a battle betwen them, Otei has offered to test Maxxis out so why not let him? I'd rather take the word from a good fellow racer who'll be looking after his own arse than a marketing guy who wants to get his company noticed. If we do then change to Maxxis let those who has forked out on Pirellis (like yours truly) run them till they're done and then change. After all isn't this meant to be a way to get people racing as cheaply (not forgetting safely) as possible?
I agree with Nog about the **** taking as this is people's racing next year we're ranting about, but as long as this thread is banter and the serious stuff is discussed through the proper channels then let's extract some more urine in good humour. As for those who just talk a good race, get of your arse and show us instead.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 15-Oct-2009, 15:54
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Just waiting for the "I'll have you know I used to be......." and the "I can't race any more because........." excuse brigade to pipe up now.
As stated in my end of season report, there are sayers and there are doers, if you're a sayer then shut up and start doing before you comment.
And thanks Nog for trying to sort something. (and yes I know you shouldn't start a sentance with the word 'and')

That should stir some 5h1t.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50