Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Feb-2006, 12:57

Starter Solenoid

After wheeling my 999 out of the garage yesterday and checking it over decided it was pleasent enough to go for a ride. The bike disagreed. The EOBD light has come on.

A frantic search of this website revealed how to get the error codes to display, this told me the starter solenoid is shorted to earth (error code 19.2).

So I call on the techincal geniuses out there to provide me with some advice, can I fix it? If not is it a common relay I can pick up in the likes of halfords?

Thanks
Old 17-Feb-2006, 16:50
Mille

is it the wires or the solenoid, try unplugging the solenoid and see if the light still come on, just a thought,
Old 17-Feb-2006, 18:11
888 at Last !!!

Not sure if it's a common problem. But my Starter Solenoid died on my 999s after about 8 months of ownership. It went without any warning. There were no error codes on the display at the time.

I bought the bike new. So it was all repaired under warranty.(

I had to be rescued from WSB Brands last summer. It was a drag sitting in the field until 10 o'clock at night.:

Clint.