Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jan-2006, 20:28
Bevel Head

Mood: C'MON YOU IRONS !
749 - new owner questions

hi all
I am looking at a 2003 749 with 3000 miles on the clock this saturday.
Are there any niggly faults/recalls that I should be aware of.Would appreciate any help with anything to look for that would be different for the 748/9** bikes.
I have got the colour right....its red !
Old 30-Jan-2006, 22:51
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
OK, there was a recall for the oil cooler, front brake I think and at that low milage I would be thing about looking at the condition of the coil pack on the front cylinder, an '03 bike will have the old design that was prone to water/crud ingress !

It will also be due its big service, well it could be overdue and this is the £600 big one so make sure it is done or get appropriate money off !

Other than that I think that as long as the service history is in order you should be fine, of course it will be alot happier with some proper milage put on it !
Yep,the early bikes were recalled for the oil coolers to be checked.Some were made by KTM and there were concerns of them leaking.Should take a Ducati dealer about 30secs to check if its ok.
The front brake recall was for a clip to be fitted on the r/h fork leg to keep the brake hose out of the steering lock stops.
Front coils can give trouble or fail,especially if ridden often in the rain.The cure is plenty of grease or silicone around the plug cap to keep the water and corrosion out.Casoli also do an extended fairing Vee peice to keep the muck out.
Old 31-Jan-2006, 21:32
Bevel Head

Mood: C'MON YOU IRONS !
thanks for the info guys.