Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Dec-2004, 23:16

748 or 749?

Hi folks i'm new to this board, and currently ride a 1993 900ss and am deliberating over my next purchase. I am sure this has been debated a million times before - but which is the better bike 748 or 749?

Also, has anyone had any experience of Ducati Aylesbury? The one thing that puts me off this dealership is they don't seem to have enough storage space - so most of their bikes are outside in the weather all day, slowly corroding in that way that Ducati's do.

All comments views appreciated.

Cheers
Crash
Old 17-Dec-2004, 00:09
Bevel Head

I've never bought from ducati Aylesbury myself, but know a lad that bought his 748 from there and was happy with the service he got. As for the 749 or 748 debate then this thread might be useful for you... http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=14360
Old 17-Dec-2004, 01:25

hi i got my 748b x-reg from ducati aylesbury and its well clean got it in sep, and i hane done 2500 miles with no problems. well nice people i go over quite a bit and got to know some of them. speek to adrian baldwin in the ducati show room
Old 17-Dec-2004, 20:04
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
2 mates selling mint 748's privatley if its of interest..both 748S's..one in red and one monstermob colours..both immaculate..let me know if youd like more info.

Ref ducati aylesbury...my experience is not too good...never return calls and people I know whove had bikes serviced there havent been impressed..including one with a 998s who had it returned with a busted panel..but at the end of the day, if your only buying there and you get a deal then its no different from anywhere else !

Cheers
Nat
Old 18-Dec-2004, 08:01
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
A 749 is,in theory,be a better bike than the 748.It's got,as standard, better brakes,a more powerfull Testastretta motor and more rider friendly erganomics.The only negative argument Ive heard about the bike is the looks.Some folks hate the look of the newer bike and prefer the 748/9** series shape.
Down to the individual tastes I guess.
Consider the price issue.There are some very good 748's out there for not a lot of money.For the price of a 749 you could buy a 748 and have some change to spend on accessories/insurance/gear/wife/w.h.y!
Whatever bike you choose,you wont be disapointed.