Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2004, 10:20

748R Slipping slipper clutch

While using my 748r at Cadwell at the DSC track day my clutch was working just fine. Since using the bike after the track day my clutch has been slipping when pulling away. The only reason I can think of that might have caused this is due to my bike having a heavily vented clutch cover and the fact that while trailering my bike back to surrey it was in torential rain and the clutch plates might have somehow got slightly rusty. Is anyone able to tell me if they have experienced this before or is is my clutch likely to be nackered. It is still under warranty so before they take it apart and say it my fault, just thought I would ask first.
Old 24-May-2004, 22:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
take the cover off and check the outer basket for indents where the tabs of the friction plates come into contact with it. It may be that the plates drop in to the groove they originally made while at full thickness.
Also worth checking the spring plate and greasing the ramps and the spider spring
Old 28-May-2004, 15:33

Thanks for the Information, haven't had time to take a look but hopefully will get this sorted over the bank Holiday. Cheers