Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 22-Sep-2019, 19:00
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post GP Michelin de Aragón: Dovizioso second ahead of Miller in Third, Petrucci Twelfth.

MotoGP | 14 - Motorland Aragon | Sunday 22 September 2019

GP Michelin de Aragón: superb podium for Andrea Dovizioso, second ahead of the Ducati Pramac of Jack Miller. Danilo Petrucci finishes the race in twelfth place

Andrea Dovizioso scored a podium finish at the Gran Premio Michelin de Aragón after a spectacular comeback through the field, following a row 4 start, that helped him to catch, at the mid point of the race, Miller and Viñales who were fighting for second position. Andrea then passed the Pramac rider and set off after the Spaniard, whom he overtook on lap 21 to finish the race in a superb runner-up slot ahead of Miller.

It was a difficult race for Danilo Petrucci, who started from row 5. The rider from Umbria, who opted to fit a hard rear, moved up to ninth place on lap 8 but in the final stages he suffered a tyre drop and lost several positions, finishing the GP in twelfth.

In the Riders’ standings Andrea Dovizioso remains in second place, 98 points behind leader Marquez, while Danilo Petrucci drops to fourth place, one point behind Rins.

Ducati remains in second place in the Constructors’ classification and the Ducati Team first in the special Teams’ ranking.

Andrea Dovizioso (#04 Ducati Team) – 2nd
“It was very important to get back onto the podium after the races at Silverstone and Misano, and so today I’m very happy, especially because of the way in which we were able to get this second place. I started tenth from the fourth row because of a mistake I made in qualifying yesterday, but I knew I had a good pace and on the grid we made the right choice of tyres, going for the soft rear. In the race I was constant right until the very end, I saved my tyres and managed to gain place after place until I could pass Jack and Maverick to finish the GP in second place”.

Danilo Petrucci (#9 Ducati Team) – 12th
“It was a very difficult race for me. I tried for a bit to fight in ninth place because I didn’t have the pace of the frontrunners, but towards the end of the race I suffered a drop in the rear tyre and lost some places to finish twelfth. Probably the hard rear was not the best choice and I could do little else than limit the damage. Now we have a short break before leaving for Thailand and we will have to try and understand what is missing so we can get back to being as fast as we were in the first half of the season”.

The MotoGP World Championship now heads for the Asia-Pacific region, where from 6th October to 3rd November four rounds will be held, starting with the GP of Thailand, scheduled for the 4th to 6th October at the Buriram circuit.

.::.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.