Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Apr-2006, 15:29
Mille

The Dreaded EOBD light is on!

About a week ago, my Datatool System 3 started alarming almost as soon as the alram was set. I established that it was the movement sensor that was triggering it. Short term solution was to override the movement detector (pressing the oval button after the alarm armed). The plan was to get it fixed during my forthcoming service.

However, today other symptoms have appeared. Following my ride back from Moto Italia's open day (in the rain!) the following occured:

Having removed the ignition key, the LCD and warning lights stay on (just as though the key was in the ignition). On arming the alarm, the tacho needle is 'twitching' on the 0 rpm mark.

The EOBD light is now on and the following error codes are displayed:

37.3 - Immobiliser - serial\cable disconnected
38.0 - ??

This stuff is bad enough at any time but I've a long weekend to France planned for next weekend (departing Derby Thursday afternoon).

Any thoughts on how best to resolve this in the limited time available? The bike is still under warranty - is there any obligation on Ducati to provide me with a bike so that I dont have to cancel my trip?

Thanks guys
Old 25-Apr-2006, 21:39
Mille

The bike was delivered to Ducati Leeds who have done a great job. When I called this morning to see how things were going the signs weren't too good ("the technician is scratching his head and so are Ducati"). However, when I called mid to late afternoon, they were putting it back together with the problem resolved. Charlie stayed on after closing so that I could pick the bike up tonight (I managed to get there before 6pm so it wasn't too late for him). Turns out there were TWO faulty relays in the Datatool. According to Datatool they had never had this happen before.