Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-May-2005, 00:48
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

A good day at Croft.

Well....given the weather - a brilliant day really.

My first TD of the year, in MAY !!! Terrible really but it really is cold 'up 'norf!

Took my little Suzi along to try her out after quite a bit of work during winter and she did OK. I was probably the slowest rider in the inters group and being rusty from an 8 month lay off probably didnt help - but at least I felt like I was improving during the day, didnt have any really nasty moments and only got lapped by the 'head-banger' boys in the last session.

I also met Mt. TurboPac (Marc) and his lovely wife, who showed off his lovely 748r - he's being doing shed loads of Chip and mech work and could well be worth talking to if you are thinking of going down the same lines.

He's much too trusting though - lol - he let my marra John take it for a spin on the site!

A good day in all.....

Frank

p.s. - Ian ........where are you buddy ???
Old 12-May-2005, 14:58
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Glad you had a good day Derek.

Turbopacs 748R is v nice or it was last year.

Any teething problems with the RF?
Old 12-May-2005, 16:32
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Erm Derek ??? - LOL - you must b thinking of our Scottish - ST4 friend.

Marc's Duke looks and sounds nice now - but sadly, the 1000 4-Cylinders have come on so much that he is getting stomped on in the fast group, but of course, the Duke is SO much more interesting and involving

RF was ok thanks, I've had problems with the 6-pot Tokico brakes I bought - they simply WILL NOT BLEED SOLIDLY !!!! - I've even reverted to the original rubber hoses instead of the very old Goodridge that was on....no difference - but every other bike I 'squeezed' during the day fitted with these calipers, felt exactly the same.

I just wanna do more now - deffo want to do Cadwell, Mallory and possibly Donington if I get the chance.

Cheers - The old aching one