Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 15-Jul-2003, 11:11
Mille

Not a stolen bike but.......... what the f**k!

Erm............

OK, so there's an immac. 2002 748S parked up outside the paddock entrance at Donny.

You're a thieving b@stard scrote, what will you nick?

The bike, nah
The pannels, nah again.

So what then? I know, the gear lever rubber, the little rubber slide in bit that sits at the bottom of the rear light and the seat lock. Yeh, thats it, nick them!!

Now not that I'd rather the shites took anything more expensive to replace but why, why why these bits???

Any suggestions welcome.
Old 15-Jul-2003, 11:18
Big Twin

Probably cos they know it would take months to get em from Italy
Old 15-Jul-2003, 11:21
Mille

Mood: Fully track-day'ed up!
I may be able to beat that.Last year at WSB at brands some fookin plantpot decided to nick my footpegs.

Handy.Cheers.Pratt.

Syer.
Old 15-Jul-2003, 15:08
Mille

Mood: Xstatic
...Because mate the world is basically FULL of arse bandits....do they get punished ..not on your life they would rather give a speeding ticket or parking fine ...Why...cause they know us law abiding ( well generally ) people will pay up with out to much noise...where as the thieves squeal , winge ,cry like the babies they are then try and sue for brutality cause they bruised there d"£k in someone's arse and after all this they have to feed and house them !!....reckon should do like the Arab's and chop of the offending hand!!!!!!!

Syer ...ya bloody Foot pegs!!!!!...chop off an hand and foot for that one ...must have been an uncomfortable ride home!
Old 15-Jul-2003, 19:35
Mille

Mood: Fully track-day'ed up!
Aetearoa,
Yep and i got three points on the way home from Donnington this year.Easy white collar middle class prey i guess as you say.Policeman said "we even make it easy to pay using plastic now !!!!".Yeh,bet you do.

At Brands they looked like they had tried to nick my exhaust,scratched it to fook,given up and nicked the pegs instead.Not a great ride home (130 miles).

Chin up.

Regards Syer.
Old 15-Jul-2003, 19:49
Mille

And the good news is................

Well there aint any!!

New seat lock £20 but that means 2 keys, replace the three locks, a snip at just shy of £160.

OK the rubbers are cheap, s'pose thats good news. Who's up for a vigilante group? Lets get the b@stards, we could start with the git that nicked Keefyboys bike!
Old 16-Jul-2003, 00:52
Mille

Mood: Ambivalent
Mine didn't have a seat lock when I bought it, the dealer ordered me one & sent it when it came in. I didn't fit it for 8 months and don't use it, I know that I can reach up under the seat and pull the cable to release the seat. It easier & quicker than getting the key out!
Old 16-Jul-2003, 07:18
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
These thieving gits know that the little bits like locks and rubbers are expensive for what they are and sometime difficult to get hold of.
Some years ago,a mate had a few of his fairing screws taken at Donington.He did,nt notice untill he got up to speed and the fairing started flapping.The screws were a stupid price and the plastic washers that went behind them,even more expensive.We bodged it together with some galvanised roofing bolts.
Old 11-Dec-2003, 20:49
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
loads of gaffa tape and very deep water oh and lead wait's lots of them mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm drowned the *******s
Old 12-Dec-2003, 11:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Re. Vigilante's.

I reckon you'd have more volunteers for that role than attended the anti-Bush demo's this year if:

You could catch the scum.....or knew who they were/where they lived.

Only way I see is like those fellas from Newcastle did where they 'entrapped' scuzzers by leaving bikes in vulnerable spots, parked up their blacked-out van 10 feet away, dragged the scum into the van and beat he living **** out of them before dumping them in the middle of nowhere.

Unless you're gonna sit by your bike whenever you go somewhere like Brands WSB, then I think it's a risk we take as prestige bike owners.

Ducatimad, I agree with Keefy in that they probably knicked those bits out of spite just to pish you off cos the zorts were too fiddly.

The day someone launches a self sustaining 30,000 volts transformer that can be discretely hidden behind the 74x/99x panels is the day I'll be happy that justice might just be done (or the day you're allowed to tie a starving lion to your bike).

Any engineers out there want to take the task on...???