Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 20-Jan-2005, 00:49
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Im sorry to hear the crap news MisterPink.
If they get caught, is it illegal to drop fully fuelled 748's on their shins, while said legs are held up by housebricks at the heels............they deserve nothing less, mind you, Im told a "breaker" bar, with a socket the size of a wheelnut, is legal to keep ""just in case you need to change wheel, 'onest hofficer""" I was thinking the damage that could do the their knuckles, one at a time and very, very, slowly..................mind you I dont advocate this violence NOT
Hope you get some decent news
rgds
mort
Old 20-Jan-2005, 21:40
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
sorry to hear this mate.....I had a bike stolen 3 times a few years ago, twice outside my home and once at work.. Got returned each time minus expensive bits. Hope it turns up (unharmed) or you get paid out fully soon.
Old 20-Jan-2005, 23:37
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I hope your insurance covers it left outside your house?? any update?
Old 20-Jan-2005, 23:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Not quite in the same league but just popped up the local shops on my mountain bike, left it outside unlocked and some bar steward has had it away. Stupid thing to do not to lock it but I was only in there for a minute or two and I'm sure we've all done it. Not an expensive model but quite new.
I hope they find your bike Misterpink.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 21:48
Mille

Mood: So its raining, your problem with that is ??
These people deserve a slow cancerous death !!
Old 23-Jan-2005, 10:36
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Why is there so much theft in the UK. Everyone has a story of a nicked bike, even with all the anti-theft gear. Who are these guys and were does the stuff go. Sounds like parts to me. If so, parts coming from anywhere but a dealer should be suspect. Why not set up a sting. Leave a bike out in a notorious spot and track the guys down who steal it. Then drop a 748 on their shins.
We have theft here in Japan, much of it done by foreign groups to send to Russia and SE Asia (cars), but nothing nothing like the US and the UK. What gives???
Old 23-Jan-2005, 11:15
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
i dunno, but as a crime it doesn't seem to rate highly with the police who are understaffed and under funded - so bike crime is a hit-and-miss thing.
and i wouldn't be surprised that those doing the stealing know this - so it is a "soft" crime. not a lot of pressure from insurance companies to do something about it either.
a sting would be good tho' hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 24-Jan-2005, 06:55
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

I would imagine most of these things are being parted out. So, most of the parts come back into the system. Since most Duck riders are pretty stalwart folks (present company excepted), these stalwart folks may be buying stolen goods. I guess some dealers may be doing the same thing, but that would not be too wise. Accordingly, people buying parts should set up some kind of a sting to see if the same groups are supplying the system with a bunch of stolen goods.
My sisters old boyfriend was a notorious thief (I found out) and he stole from everyone and also claimed stolen goods with his insurance company. He built some nice cars, trucks and bikes, but it turned out he nicked a large part of the stuff. Finally got caught by two irate guys with pistols! who turned him over to the Sheriff. Anyway, some of you with thefts in your past should think of a good sting scheme and catch some of these outcasts.