Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 01-Feb-2012, 22:21

Thumbs up Hello from West Sussex/Helensburgh....

I took delivery of my Streetfighter S just before Christmas (birthday/chrimbo pressie to myself). Its not my first Ducati, I had a single front disc'd M750 in '97 which I didn't treat the kindest but it only ever let me down due to my errors rather than any gremlins even as everyday transport through rain, snow and slime... regularly finding itself crossing very deep flood water in the village I lived in back then, it did nearly catch fire due to the seem on the tank splitting mind! lol.

Anyhows, my previous bike to the Streetfighter was a Husqvarna SM510R supermoto which (don't laugh) was the most all-round capable bike I've owned... It was great around town (ok an ASBO waiting to happen), brilliant on the back roads, great on track (same lap times round Brands Indy as I was doing on the k7 GSX-R750 I had before it) AND was more than capable on green lanes... All that without a single change except dropping a little air out the tyres for track and dirt! Its downside was a 50mile tank range and a seat that was harder than wood lol

The Streetfighter is taking some time for me to get my head around its speed, the Husky would only do 110mph top whack but I am loving it massively. Since the 23rd Dec when I had it delivered I have covered nearly 1000miles of fun. I am waiting for the Termi carbon cans to arrive in the country that I ordered with it and have already got a few other bits and bobs from Ducati Performance to help make it mine (and to help keep my feet on the pegs).

Here are a couple of pics:

... and of my previous steed:

I look forward to learning some tips etc for my Streetfighter and hopefully see a few of you at Box Hill or on track somewhere
Old 01-Feb-2012, 22:23
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
1000 miles in the last shitty month - well done!!

welcome aboard, feel free to cross the border into hants and join us for a coffee at loomies most weekends when it warms a little
Old 01-Feb-2012, 22:32

Cheers bradders, have been to Loomies a couple of times, a friend of mine goes there quite a bit if I recall and he has recently got himself a Ducati Monster, not sure which one tho.

I am in the RN which means that I have to make the most of any leave no matter what time of year lol, am off to GetGeared hopefully tomoz to try on some decent textiles for this chilly weather riding, my old Triumph leathers are worn out now and my 1pc race suit is a little cold for this time of year... saying that the pic of me on the Husky at Brands was in November 2009 so it was pretty chilly then too hahahha
Old 02-Feb-2012, 07:51
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Welcome Womble, nice to see a Grey Funnel member aboard, ex RN myself, got medicaly discharged 30 years ago after 9 years as a chef

I used to ride what ever the weather as well, but am a fair weather rider now.

We have a trackday lined up later this year at Cadwell, hope you can make it.

Chris
Old 02-Feb-2012, 12:39
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
As Bradders said, if you get chance come and join us in Hants ........when it's warmer

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 02-Feb-2012, 18:02

thanks for the welcomes

Will have a look at the dates for Cadwell (love that track even tho I broke my back and pelvis there on my first ever trackday! lol)

Chris, am on the subs currently although my notice will be going in soon as have had enough of it after 11yrs so far.

Was down in Chichester today with my Streetfighter getting its suspension set up, was too cold to stop at Loomies tho, ended up at GetGeared in Leatherhead afterwards, before coming home, proper chilly-brrrr out.