Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Prev   Next
Old 29-Nov-2017, 10:36

Ducati 1198SP Race/Track bike

Time to move on from my much loved and all consuming bike.
Bought new from Snell's in 2011, I covered 24000 road miles before a big end issue came to light at Donington.
The engine was rebuilt at Louigi moto, using 1098RS crank and pankl rods, with some extra compression and the usual attention to detail, the engine has run on track for 8 track days and 3 race meetings since(just back from 3 of those days at Jerez)

The bike now has a microtec ECU, mounted behind an AIM MXL2 dash, with bespoke loom from Bike Sport development. Reg/Rec is now mounted on the right hand side of the engine, using the BSD kit.

Bike runs 70mm Termi system, with a range of exhaust cans to suit track noise considerations.

It makes around 165bhp and peak torque is 100 lb/ft. It also has the capability to map each cylinder individually, so no stupid trim tables for the rear cylinder mapping.

Traction control is now altered via a rotary switch above the dash and can be adjusted on the move.

It has been run on Motul 300v 15/50 since the complete rebuild, changed every second track day.

The bike runs a quickshifter sourced at BSD to allow race pattern change.

Chassis wise it has the Ohlins it came with, sprung and valved for me front and back.

The bike has Forsaken motorsport adjustable yokes (currently on 27 mm offset) and the same companies linear rear link with a shorter ride height rod to ensure the right ride height etc can be set. I took nearly 10 seconds off my time from last year using this new set up and am bothering the magic 2.00 minute barrier at Jerez. The issue I have is I'm not good enough to allow the bike to reach it's full potential!

It is fitted with a motoholders rear subframe, very nicely made replica of the corse 1098R type(no light fittings) and with the TC unit mounted in the correct position.

I have an accossato billet master cylinder as it makes the brakes more progressive for me(original brembo is in the massive spares package)

I have all the original panels, plus race fairings, all the original parts for returning it to standard(barring the loom, which i can source) V5, second set of marchesini S wheels fitted with wets.

I'm sure that I have most receipts for all the work and parts I've bought over the years, just not where the wife can find them.

For all I have(including stands) I think that £12.5k would be enough for me to part with it. Or something else track orientated of a similar value.

The bike is really a one off, trying to do the best I can to replicate a proper race bike.

PM me for details and photos.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit