Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Mar-2018, 11:29
Mille

Mood: Mood? I'll give you mood!
748SP - looking for an appraisal please

Good morning all,

After 17 years of ownership I’m seriously pondering selling the old gal as I rarely get the time to go out to play these days (and when I do I tend to opt to take the RMz to the track instead) and was hoping those more in the know than me could give me a ball-park figure on what I should be asking. I’ve seen what standard ones are going for, but I’ve got a few extra bits on mine which I know I’d be better stripping off and selling separately, but would rather just sell it as a package.

So… it’s a 1997 748SP with the addition of (in no particular order)…

Marchesini magnesium wheels.

Ducati Corse carbon under-seat breather box (with the genuine, correct hosing).

Carbon airbox with removable sides for a 955 Corse (think it’s MS but I’ve not had the tank off to look).

MS Carbon airtubes for ???RS – sorry, I can’t remember which model but they’re the ones which take the standard filter cages down the nose and has the MAF sensor fitted to the RHS airtube.

Pipercross air filters

DP Rearsets

MS Heel guards

MS Exhaust guard

CM Composite ‘C’ clutch cover

Carbon front mudguard (probably MS, but not 100% sure).

Carbon v piece

Vimori Racing side panels

Full length carbon bellypan. Don’t know the manufacturer of it but it’s nice and got a Corse shield embedded into the carbon on the back lip. Who knows?

A smattering of Ti bolts

Renthal Sprocket carrier

Replaced the KPH speedo with a MPH one

Ducati Corse 999RS 4-post slipper clutch with alloy plates

Machined open clutch casing

Ohlins springs in the front.

Ohlins Steering damper

MS Chain guard

MS Shark fin swingarm cover

Goodridge hoses

Magnecor ignition leads

Uprated battery leads (can’t remember the manufacturer – but they’re quality)

Motodynamic integrated indicator/rear lights

LED indicators fitted into the mirrors. They could do with a rub down and rattle can to freshen up as some of the paint chipped when I was fitting the lights.

As well as the bike there’s also…

Original Brembo wheels

Original Side panels

Original clutch cover

Original damper

Cassoli vented front mudguard

Another scruffy carbon vented front mudguard

Original KPH clocks

Original rearsets

Original SP clutch with plates

Original airbox

Original Termignoni MoT cans

Original bike cover (yellow)

Original gold paddock stand

FG Special Parts (DP) rear stand

DP front stand

Clutch removal tool

Ride height tool

Original tool pouch

Original airtubes

A box of Ducati related spares (crush washers, seals, nuts, bolts, 3 bond, seals etc).

An in date can of Molycote D321R

Original breather box

Gia ca Moto carbon hugger (the one with the dent to clear the exhaust)

Original rear lights

Loads of paperwork, receipt, MOTs, original bill of sale from the first owner etc…

Genuine workshop manual

Haynes manual

Workshop manual for a 999RS 04 (for the clutch)

There may be more parts unearthed when I get up to the attic so this may not be an exhaustive list.

Apologies in advance if I’m incorrect with a few of the carbon MS/DP/CM parts. I may have got a couple of them wrong, but they’ll be one of the 3.

The mileage I’m not 100% sure of….. I bought the bike with 9500 kilometers on the clocks (6K miles) but then purchased 2nd hand mph clocks that had about 7K on them (I wrote the exact numbers down – but then lost them). So I’m estimating it’s got maybe up to 17K miles on it in total.

Never taken it on the track. I’ve always been too scared that I push too hard and crash. Experiences with my RMz suggests that’s exactly what’d happen….

The rear Ohlins has started to weep a bit so I’ve got a Showa our a 748R on its way so I can swap them over and get the bikes Mot done while the Ohlins gets sent off for a rebuild before a sale.

As said previously, I want to sell this as a package but I’ve not been able to find a lot of the extras on the bike to gauge it’s whole value.

Link to some pics attached – hope it works – to help gauge the condition of it. Sorry they’re not glossy with pretty backdrops (and some are a bit fuzzy), I just started snapping on my phone as I went over the bike. And I’ve just noticed that the bike is looking quite dusty too. I’ve moved into a newbuild and there’s more being built all around me so everything’s dusty!

Many thanks

Steven

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnBHNx911aExuBxbDt5qozXmDMCS
Old 28-Mar-2018, 21:01
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi There!

Photo's all worked fine for me.

Wish I could give a decent response on a price but I do suspect that modern wisdom points to returning the bike to as original a spec as possible and selling high spec components separately as they should return a better value.

Good Luck.