Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:05
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Cadwell Today

Now that we are home, my little finger is slowly returning to it's normal pinky hue & my poor old bones are getting a bit warmer.:-)

Snow, sleet, relentless rain & relentless rain , another typical Cadwell trackday

Eventualy ventured out on Matt Lawsons old 583 and teetered around the rivers & lakes that littered the Cadwell circuit, for a fleeting moment I thought I saw a peddalo in the lake that nestled in the dip along Park Straight, but then again it might have been a swan.
It was slippery on the Diablo's, Paul was ahead of me on the Dunlops ( I will let him give a report on those), hauled him in a few times once the icicles had melted from the tyres, but due to a problem with the revs, ie, it would not drop below 4 to 4500 revs, it made the slower corners feel down right scary if you aproached to fast as the rear would push the front, had to feather the throttle in fear of losing the front from Mansfield through to Barn, so Paul would eek out the gap again.

There was at least 3 to 4 fallers per session, not because it was to wet, because it was just too cold & wet.

Only did the one session, that was enough, so we packed up and headed off for a coffee and bacon butty

Sam, Francis & Peter West where also not happy with the weather, but they are off to Cartegina shortly, so looking forward to warmer weather. Glynn & the Scooter Shop team pitched up near us , had the set of tyre warmers been on one of the bikes, they would have been going home with only one of them, as one of the tyre warmers caught fire & burnt one of the riders gloves along with it's self, quick thinking by a trackdayer next to them saved the day though.
Andy Challis and his lad popped up for a laugh at us all as well.

Chris
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:27
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
sounds like the race day last year...your bro goes well in those conditions

we're all waiting for a report from him on the Dunlops now.....c'mon Bio - get it written!
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Did Chris mention the rain,sleet,snow and more rain what a day for weather..... Mark from Holbeach had my new hoops ready to fit on to my wheels so the first part of the day was sorting them out and getting them on the bike, then down to the club house to watch how things were going out on the track, a few brave souls were on road going bikes and tyres, while everyone else was on wets, not that there was any discrimination as bikes were going down on wets and road going tyres did not bode well for me going out on fresh untested rubber.

Leathers on and the one and only off of the day happened as Chris took the paddock stand while I was unbalanced and the bike dropped gracefully to the ground, much to the amusement of some young girls who just happened to be stood there still no damage done other than to my pride and my thoughts turned to the river and lakes that was once a race track.

From the off the new Dunlop's felt good and even though I was expecting to feel the back start to move out going through hall bends, hairpin and barn it stayed planted to the track, a few laps to try and scrub them a little, no point trying to get any heat in to them it was just not going to happen, anyway started to push a little harder, had one moment going through the lake that had formed up on park straight when the front went light for a few seconds aquaplaning across the surface, but that was about it, 5th lap in and I was starting to get a good feeling from them, going up the mountain the back was spinning up but not as much as it was on the Diablo's two weeks ago, I also had a few moments on the Diablo's two weeks back when although it was warmer it was still raining cats and dogs so it was still fresh in my memory and I soon found my self trusting the Dunlop's, however all too soon the cold had numbed my wet fingers to the point where I could no longer feel the brake lever, so called it a day packed up and headed home.

Conclusion,

I like the Dunlop's in the wet, so they should perform just as well if not better in the dry, maybe someone at brands tomorrow will be able to give some feed back, unless of course this weather decides to move down there

Paul
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:48
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

[quote=bradders]sounds like the race day last year.QUOTE]

Er, NO, it was not, that Cadwell race day was at least 20 degrees warmer than today

Chris
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:49
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Did Chris mention etc etc etc
Paul

you like so far then....
Old 19-Feb-2011, 16:50
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
maybe someone at brands tomorrow will be able to give some feed back, unless of course this weather decides to move down there

Paul

Might be a few degrees warmer & not as wet as today

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...forecast;sess=

Chris
Old 19-Feb-2011, 17:59
MotoGP God

wont be getting any feedback form me, i'll be on the old rossos, but I know most will have changed theirs

may have been colder chris but couldnt have been any wetter!!!