Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-May-2005, 10:14
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Frame Plugs (Advice Wanted)

I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct section but I have some chrome frame plugs to fit the MS and have been adviced to use silicone when fitting them. Could anyone please sugest in what form I can find the silicone and ii possible a product name
Any advice would be appreciated
Old 29-May-2005, 11:05
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Any CLEAR silicone should do it, try B & Q
Old 30-May-2005, 10:53
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Good morning Rocker,

We met at the 'Hastings Bike Run' when you were promoting our club on the Ducati stand.

You can use any silicone spray lubricant or better still silicone grease.
My advice is save your pennies and use Vaseline instead. I have and it works a treat.

It helps the frame caps to slip in easier and should prevent the 'rubber O-ring seals' from going hard, cracking and perishing. Just be careful not to damage the O-rings when slipping them in the frame and make sure the O-rings stay in the groove on the frame caps. A simple job that will only take a few minutes.

One more thing, be certain to put the frame caps into the correct holes as there are two or three sizes.

I hope this helps.

P.S. This all sounds a bit kinky talking about Vaseline on a bikers web site.
Old 30-May-2005, 11:24
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Italian Stallion
Good morning Rocker,

We met at the 'Hastings Bike Run' when you were promoting our club on the Ducati stand.

You can use any silicone spray lubricant or better still silicone grease.
My advice is save your pennies and use Vaseline instead. I have and it works a treat.

It helps the frame caps to slip in easier and should prevent the 'rubber O-ring seals' from going hard, cracking and perishing. Just be careful not to damage the O-rings when slipping them in the frame and make sure the O-rings stay in the groove on the frame caps. A simple job that will only take a few minutes.

One more thing, be certain to put the frame caps into the correct holes as there are two or three sizes.

I hope this helps.

P.S. This all sounds a bit kinky talking about Vaseline on a bikers web site.

Thanks to you and everybody else that has offered advice. I think the vasaline idea sounds good ( and cheap )
I'm sorry if that was you I had to break off my conversation with a bit abruptly at Hastings but my wife had just arrived on her bike and as she was over an hour overdue I had been most concerned and wanted to check that she was OK. Usually people have a problem stopping me from talking bikes
Old 30-May-2005, 19:14
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Rocker posted:-

Quote:
Thanks to you and everybody else that has offered advice. I think the vasaline idea sounds good ( and cheap )
I'm sorry if that was you I had to break off my conversation with a bit abruptly at Hastings but my wife had just arrived on her bike and as she was over an hour overdue I had been most concerned and wanted to check that she was OK. Usually people have a problem stopping me from talking bikes

Yes, it was me. Apologies accepted, you did seem pre-occupied, but that is understandable.

Hope your Numpty is running well and without electrical/CPU Gremlins.

[Edited on 30-5-2005 by Italian Stallion]
Old 30-May-2005, 19:43
500SD

Yes after last weeks little Hiccup it is running really well
Thanks!