Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
3Up Racing reduced to 2 - thieving *******s!

It doesn't look like I'll get to race again this year as I've woken up to an empty garage this morning. Yup, the thieving *******s stolen the bike, and also most spares like wheels, body work, helmets, leathers (with my name stitched on the back), gloves, boots, etc. They also took a number of power and hand tools.

Looks like to came through a back window and out the front of the garage. It must have happened during the night while we were asleep. I can't believe that didn't hear anything since it's an attached garage. Interestingly, there was a bunch of stuff they didn't take: two push bikes (nice ones), all my mechanics tools in a large rollaway chest, a few power tools, etc., but they took my 60cm spirit level!

Police have been around and they reckon that some things will turn up, especially since the bike is a one-of-a-kind, not road legal nor registered and none of the spares fit a standard bike. Not holding up to much hope to be honest though.

Anyway, if you see someone offering this bike for sale, or an unusual amount of race parts like Ohlins forks, shocker, magensium yokes, race wheels with Michelin wets and Michelin Race 2, carbon race body work, etc, etc, I'd appreciate a word.

Various theories about the kind of scum that did this. If it was a professional bike gang that new I had this bike, I doubt they would have taken all the other stuff, even if they were trying to disguise themselves as opportunistic thieves. If it was opportunistic scum, which is more likely, then they have no clue what they've got. They won't even be able to start it!

Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I will post this on some other sites as well, but feel free to spread the word.

Here are a couple of pics of the bike as it looked yesterday and one with the other set of body work:

http://www.hirzel.plus.com/pics/V&H.JPG
Not having fun at the moment...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit