Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:16   #1
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
3Up Racing reduced to 2 - thieving *******s!
It doesn't look like I'll get to race again this year as I've woken up to an empty garage this morning. Yup, the thieving *******s stolen the bike, and also most spares like wheels, body work, helmets, leathers (with my name stitched on the back), gloves, boots, etc. They also took a number of power and hand tools.

Looks like to came through a back window and out the front of the garage. It must have happened during the night while we were asleep. I can't believe that didn't hear anything since it's an attached garage. Interestingly, there was a bunch of stuff they didn't take: two push bikes (nice ones), all my mechanics tools in a large rollaway chest, a few power tools, etc., but they took my 60cm spirit level!

Police have been around and they reckon that some things will turn up, especially since the bike is a one-of-a-kind, not road legal nor registered and none of the spares fit a standard bike. Not holding up to much hope to be honest though.

Anyway, if you see someone offering this bike for sale, or an unusual amount of race parts like Ohlins forks, shocker, magensium yokes, race wheels with Michelin wets and Michelin Race 2, carbon race body work, etc, etc, I'd appreciate a word.

Various theories about the kind of scum that did this. If it was a professional bike gang that new I had this bike, I doubt they would have taken all the other stuff, even if they were trying to disguise themselves as opportunistic thieves. If it was opportunistic scum, which is more likely, then they have no clue what they've got. They won't even be able to start it!

Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I will post this on some other sites as well, but feel free to spread the word.

Here are a couple of pics of the bike as it looked yesterday and one with the other set of body work:

http://www.hirzel.plus.com/pics/V&H.JPG
Not having fun at the moment...
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:21   #2
Dibble

that is truly sh** news mate .. heres hoping for you .....
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:21   #3
everton

****... sorry to hear that Felix.

Sounds like a pro job though - what they've taken could be lifted quietly (bike excluded) - I would think the rollaway chest would be too heavy to lift and would make quite a noise being moved hence leaving it behind.

I take it your bike wasn't anchored?

I must admit I stand & anchor mine & leave the trembler alarm on.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:24   #4
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Have always found your input informative for the track day virgin like myself .....................Monday the 4th looms!!!!!

As the feds say you should get all/most of your gear back... gods speed you do!
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:25   #5
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk

hope some news comes in for you
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:26   #6
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'm absolutely gutted for you Felix. That really sucks!

I hope something turns up and they will definitely have difficulty trying to move that bike on.

Bad luck dude, sorry to hear it.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:27   #7
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
**** m8 thats bleak..................

sounds like an organised Hit.........................no way a single person can steal a bike..its a van and 3 peeps minimum.................

weeksy said you can use his bike for Oulton park if you need it...let me know via u2u if he can help

Phil
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:27   #8
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Shee@*%^iii@te mate!

I hate thieves, especially bike thieves

I'll post this up on Throttle Monkeys, dibble can you do VD as I cannot get to VD from work now!
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:30   #9
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
that's terrible news

hope it turns up and ok
Old 01-Jul-2005, 17:31   #10
Dibble

JPM, ahead of you already mate ....

Postbit Selector