Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Mar-2004, 08:25
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quite important if you have bought Termis for your 749 / 999

I am thinking of trading in my 999S for a 749R , I was intending selling my 57mm system seperately or fitting the pipes , air filters and footrest spacer to the new bike and trying to do a swap with Ducati UK with the ECU for one suitable for a 749R.

I am being told that when you plug the race ECU into the bike , when the battery is reconnected the bike programmes the new ECU and it will then only work on that particlular bike , if you try fitting the ECU to any other 999 the bike will not even start

This means that if I sell my pipes to another 999S owner , they (or me) will have to fork out £538 (plus VAT) for a new "blank" ECU

Has anyone else heard anything about this ?
Old 16-Mar-2004, 09:28

Mood: going out to play!
This is interesting - my dealer sold me a s/h termi kit from a low mileage 999s (re few hundred miles only!!) - see post below ref starting problems - fitted this myself and now she wont start - dealer has said that he suspects ECU is dicky and will replace under warranty........bike being picked up Wed so I'll let you know the result.