Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Oct-2004, 00:17
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
im collecting my 748 on saturday

and wondering what to expect,what will i find different from riding a r6 to a 748. will i need to adjust my riding style or will i be fine to ride her like i used to ride the r6

im getting quite excited about it now,ive been waiting years to get a ducati and by saturday lunchtime i will finally be a proud owner of a bright red 748

cheers for now

deej
Old 13-Oct-2004, 00:31
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
Congrats,bit different to ride round town than the r6(traded my r6 for 748r),bit more snatchy,mine turned in a bit sharper than the r6,brakes were better and the noise,anyway i've just traded it in for a new 749 dark which i pick up tomorrow morning,might be some bits for sale off the 'r' for sale ie Ti Termis,carbon hugger etc if you're interested,will post in the for sale section tomorrow,happy riding you won't regret buying the duke
Old 13-Oct-2004, 00:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds just what i want.she's already got the termi's,hugger, rear ohlins so need for any of that, thanks for the offer though
Old 13-Oct-2004, 09:01
500SD

As weeksy said chalk and cheese.

I changed from a zx6 to my 748 two years ago, my girlfriend reckons that I just looked it on the drive for the first two hours

Cornering and braking that you will never get bored of.

Think about your ride think about how you did it on the R6 and then realise jusy how much better it is

Enjoy
Old 13-Oct-2004, 09:36
Ducati Corse

Congrats ..

... remember to change up earlier
Old 13-Oct-2004, 11:26
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Congrats on the bike mate. I had an R6 before my 748s. Its nothing like the 600 at all. I think you still have to rev it just not quite as much. I miss the 15k top end but the noise this thing makes is mental. You also NEED to blip the throttle much more on down shifts and what ever you do DONT bang down 3 gears to overtake The bloody thing will try to spit you off. I found the harder you push the better it feels. I was faster on the "six" though for sure
Old 13-Oct-2004, 12:26
Big Twin

Well...no doubt the bike will have been thrashed to within an inch of its life by the previous owner...so don't rev it too hard, and it will most likely have been left to degrade and decay over time...so be carefull with the brakes/tyres/chain etc.

Whatever you do...be gentle with her

See you Saturday!!!
Old 13-Oct-2004, 17:41
Ducati Meccanica

sounds like fun to me

christ i dont think i'll be getting one thats openly been abused on the other hand it could be more fun

i dont know how people could leave a stunning ducati to degrade and decay,surely there should be a law against people abusing ducati's

see you saturday mate
Old 13-Oct-2004, 20:44
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
NICE ONE DEEJ..AT LAST !!!!!! (Thanks for the U2U by the way!!!)

Question is..do you think youll be able to handle all the general public pointing/staring/dribbling at your bike when you go by or its parked up...??? (an experience not enjoyed by our rice burner riding compatriots!!!)

Very best of luck with it mate ..and if you want a nice new MotoGP ducati cover to keep it warm over winter..you know where to come ...

Cheers
Nat
Old 13-Oct-2004, 21:15
Ducati Meccanica

oohh i dont know if i could handle it nat to be honest

the r6 and the rvf especially did get attention but probably not on the same scale as a ducati, i know how much extra attention i would give to a duke in a bike park

how much for the covers btw