Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 13-May-2005, 00:41
Big Twin

Big commiserations RedRocket.
But to be honest...
Security guard may well be employed indirectly by yourselves (via maintenance costs?), but ho w much is he actually earning.
I know the Guards where we are earn a pittance and probably minimum wage.
So, on earning such a pittance, they can either be supplementing it with a few tip offs (anyones flat been burgled recently, or maybe a few cars robbed?), or just genuinely thinking it really ain't worth getting/giving a slapping for £5 an hour. They're probably just glorified auto phone diallers.
Doesn't help, but it can be replaced. (and take the blade to France)
Old 19-May-2005, 16:23

Well the guard may earn peanuts but as there's a lot of cicumstancial evidence indicating that he has an involvement with a band of thieving scumbags the police should at least get a statement from him and check his phone records. If he eas not involved he's at best a complete waste of a minimum wage or whatever and we'd be better off having no security for all the use that he was. How can a serious crime (the theft of my bike is certainly serious crime) be comitted only 10 yards from his office and he doesn't call the police until the thieves are long gone or get a reg no. of the vehicle?
I read on another post that the insurance companies should petition the govt to take action on this. If vehicle crime was taken more seriously and carried heavier penalties there would be a lot less of it. Maybe it's a strategy to get us all off the roads!!
Old 20-May-2005, 02:13
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redrocket996
Well the guard may earn peanuts but as there's a lot of cicumstancial evidence indicating that he has an involvement with a band of thieving scumbags the police should at least get a statement from him and check his phone records. If he eas not involved he's at best a complete waste of a minimum wage or whatever and we'd be better off having no security for all the use that he was. How can a serious crime (the theft of my bike is certainly serious crime) be comitted only 10 yards from his office and he doesn't call the police until the thieves are long gone or get a reg no. of the vehicle?
I read on another post that the insurance companies should petition the govt to take action on this. If vehicle crime was taken more seriously and carried heavier penalties there would be a lot less of it. Maybe it's a strategy to get us all off the roads!!

first of all, commiserations - i had my yellow 748 nicked about 5 weeks ago. just got the insurance cheque today, but much as i try, i can't get it to do wheelies!

speaking of insurance companies - there's not much chance of them lobbying for measures to reduce theft....reason? (IMHO). they recoup the previous year's losses through slightly increased premiums in the next year. now insurance companies don't make a great deal of profit on the difference between premiums in/claims out, they make the vast majority of their profits from investing in the stockmarket using the cash they have on account......so higher premiums, means more cash to play with = higher profits = bad idea to encourage measures which will lower premiums.
Old 12-Jun-2005, 00:39
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your bike by scumbags. As I was reading your story I was thinking that the guard/s may have been involved even before you suggested it.

Old 13-Jun-2005, 21:27
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Club Sting Team

How about regionally based club "sting teams"?

These could be based on members volunteering to get together to initiate a sting with the action captured on video. Then the evidence passed onto the police - or the sting team "arresting" the culprits. Or something on these lines.

Just a thought. I hate to have my bike nicked a feel impotent knowing (or suspecting I know who the buggars were)
Old 30-Oct-2005, 11:00
Montjuic

Mood: face your fears live your dreams
sorry about your loss mate i had my 748 nicked last year im only a few miles from you. and yes it was a white van it was all caught on cctv. i watched the shits take my bride and joy just bought only rode ot twice.i got the van number it took the police 2 days to go and get the tape.when i called the police all they wanted was the bike reg would not listen to me never saw it again. if there is anthing i can help you with just get in touch it needs to be stopped there as got to be a way dont now how but if you think of it im withyou all the way what ever it takes. do not let these shits screw you fun up. as my wife told you let them win if you give up.
good luck mate.
Old 30-Oct-2005, 15:28
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by Athelstan
How about regionally based club "sting teams"?

Count me in on that one. BASTAR*S
Old 30-Oct-2005, 15:36
500SD

You the to get one of these, they CAN NOT be bolt cropped
Old 06-Nov-2005, 21:17
Montjuic

Mood: face your fears live your dreams
sting teams sounds good to me any idea how we can make it work
Old 18-Nov-2005, 15:06
RCA

You left a ducati outside?

[Edited on 18-11-2005 by RCA]