Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 31-Aug-2006, 16:48
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Yeah right!!!!

I`m excited abot the new bike...

If it looks like the GP bike, has a single sided swingarm and the base model outperforms the 999R....

Looks like the 996S Hodgy is gonna get replaced by a new S model.

Ooh hang on, i must see what it looks like in the shop window drive by test.......
Old 31-Aug-2006, 17:03
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athelstan
I have no doubt the 1098 will be a winner so long as it comes in YELLOW (surely the lads at Ducati cannot dump another ugly bike on the market aka 999), but I await good news re another ugly bike that needs some creative work - the Sports Tourer. The Japo ST3 is not a patch on the "older and superior" ST4s (and even that has a bland front end). Come on Ducati give us a world class design for Sports Tourers and an engine better than that fitted to my YELLOW ST4s.

I'm ahead of you there mate, there is a cunning plan forming involving the engine and front end of an S4RS being grafted onto my YELLOW ST4S. It should just bolt straight in what with the S4RS chassis being basically an ST4S one anyway. I rode Ducati UK's S4RS demonstrator at the trackday and it is awesome-loads of torque and a totally linear and manic top end-perfect 'sports touring' engine, and the Ohlins forks with radial brakes are just the icing on the cake.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 31-Aug-2006, 18:02
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
I'm ahead of you there mate, there is a cunning plan forming involving the engine and front end of an S4RS being grafted onto my YELLOW ST4S. It should just bolt straight in what with the S4RS chassis being basically an ST4S one anyway. I rode Ducati UK's S4RS demonstrator at the trackday and it is awesome-loads of torque and a totally linear and manic top end-perfect 'sports touring' engine, and the Ohlins forks with radial brakes are just the icing on the cake.

John

Monty you can buy my S4RS if you like as if the new 1098 is all we hope for, then I will be selling the Monster before the year is out.
Old 31-Aug-2006, 18:06
Mille

New 1098 engine?

Anyone checked out the thread on Speedzilla.com reference the 1098. Interesting shots of the test mule (no don't worry not the Mugello shots AGAIN !!) but one of the new engine (apparently). Check out the revised rear cylinder head. Here is the link.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/sho...1&page=4&pp=10
Old 31-Aug-2006, 19:50
Mille

Having had a chance to look at the picture of the engine more closely I am wondering now if it is a shot of the 999 test mule that was used in the shakedown tests of the Desmosedici engine as those heads look very similar. Who knows? (Well the US dealers obviously! Oh and Troy Bayliss apparently who was quoted in MCN as saying he has seen the new 1098 road bike and it is stunning, or words to that effect)
Old 31-Aug-2006, 20:30
Mille

Mood: don't do moody
That will be February 2009 if previous new model launches are anything to go by?
Old 31-Aug-2006, 21:01
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
C'mon Andy, you've had plenty of chances to put your money where your mouth is but I still haven't seen your name on the entry forms as yet!

Antonye....

Little dogs bark and never bite.

Andybj is just all bitter and twisted at the fact that Ducati admit they made a boo boo building the 999, but he cant admit he made one by buying the hideous thing...

And Bj....When you look as good as I do on a bike (Any bike) you just have to check ya profile in every shop window...
Old 31-Aug-2006, 21:26
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Quote:

John

Monty - I like the sound of that (saw an S4RS at Nellies when I popped in on my last UK trip - he raved over it) if / when you have done I'd welcome a picture or two and then I may join your school of design engineering. But where on earth do you get hold of an S4RS engine n Front End at this early stage of the products life?*? Good luck with the project.
Old 31-Aug-2006, 22:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:

John

You gonna change the discs along with the calipers

Actually, not a bad idea. I worked out a while back that the single sided swinger on an S2R, S4R or S4RS is not like the 916 swinger because it pivots on the crankcases just like the double siders instead of the frame like the 916.

That means that anything on a Monster of this type should just drop straight into an ST. Engine, swingarm or both

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 31-Aug-2006, 22:39
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I must admit i would struggle to sell my bike, if thats what i wanted!..........Hows your sale coming on of that classic Hodgson rep .......is it three times youve tried or four?

You wanna put it in a shop window,.....thats apparantly where everyone looks!