Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 11-Oct-2004, 22:40
Big Twin

I agree its harsh calling Hodgson a "tail end charlie" I see him to talk to quite often as his best friends are good friends of mine. We also share the same surname and home town! Its very interesting to hear him talk about just what its like to ride one of those bike to its limits. He has been racing bikes all his life but still seems to be in "awe" of these Motogp bikes and the little problems of trying to keep the front end down and stop it wheelspinning in 6th gear. I agree he has not had a good season and he would be the first to admit it as he is quite self critical. The kind of things he talks about are things that we (including the racers amongst us!) cannot really comprehend! It really is a different level to what most of us get to experience.

He has worked hard to get where he is and I think he should be shown a little more support. He is a very nice guy (although always last to the bar) and I will continue to cheer him on wherever he ends up.
Old 11-Oct-2004, 23:47
BSB Star

To me, Hodgson in 2002 sums it up, on old kit, and was beating guys on better machines, only Edwards and Bayliss beat him over the season. Hodgson has not done much less than these guys, just differant times.

Some may argue that some of the stars had gone last year, but in reality that was just a romantic dream to dig at the guy (s). Comments recently about Toseland winning the WSB title where the same. People moan when we do bad at sport, then when home grown talent win, we knock 'em down.

I mean, what is that about????

Me, I'd like to see Toseland and Hodgson in the Corse Moto Gp team, but i think that will be a dream. But both deserve it. Capriex (sp??) will get the nod, only italian prepared to race for them, and it has been suggested he was signed up for next season in August. I think the Moto GP team have had a 1 and 2 rider. When they rolled out the new engine config, who got it first, yes okay Bayliss did not use it first time it was offered to him, but there's 2 sides to that story. And we all know the Corse guys get fined big style if they say anything bad about their bikes or team.

Lets look forward to '05, and hope some of these guys get good rides to take on the best in the world. If Bayliss ends up in WSB, I hope he wins lots, but i'd like Toseland to beat him, and on a 999 Corse bike. Hodgson move to good team in Moto Gp, and win races, and be there at the end. I'd like to see the GP team win races, why, because i'm bias that way to the bikes. I'd love to see Hodgson on the Gp bike and kick some italian butt. And prove a few people wrong.
Old 12-Oct-2004, 01:03
Big Twin

Hey Weeksy,
you did not offend me at all! I did not mean to sound like I was having a go at you. I do not know you but I have read many of your posts and to me you represent all that is good in this club! You always seem willing to take the time to advise and help people and you have my respect for that.

A few years ago 1996 ish Neil borrowed a fireblade of one of my mates and went out for a Sunday run with the lads I used to ride with a lot. I was on Holiday at the time but came back to hear all the tales about how they had all "done him" on the run up to Hawes in the yorkshire dales. Some of these deluded souls seriously thought that because they were prepared to stick their neck out by going over blind crest at 130-140mph with sheep and tractors everywhere and he wasnt that they somehow were quicker than him! The same lads were in utter disbelief that when I did my first trackday about 5 years ago at Donnington I went in the intermediate group and seemed to be somewhere midway between the fastest and the slowest of the group. They seemed to think that because I was the same pace as them on the road that I should be high up in the fast group!!

When I mentioned that Ron Haslam and Matt llewellyn? had passed me down craner curves on 600s and had made me feel as if I was going backwards they seriously asked why I had not repassed them on the straights as I was on a R1! These mates of mine seriously think that because they are quick on the road that they will also be on the track, although they refuse to do a track day saying it will be boring! They have no concept of the difference and cannot understand my point in that for the most part the quickest on the roads is the one most prepared to take the biggest risks (sheep, tractors, cars, diesel etc) where on a track its just your skill and ability that makes you quick. Rattler met one of these lads the other week as he bought the zx10r of him and I was a little embarrased as my mate Tom was telling him to how to ride it as I knew it was destined to be thrashed around various tracks and ridden as the maker intended.

So my point is that I was not having a go at you, more the type of people I have mentioned here.
Old 12-Oct-2004, 09:20
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
Rattler met one of these lads the other week as he bought the zx10r of him and I was a little embarrased as my mate Tom was telling him to how to ride it as I knew it was destined to be thrashed around various tracks and ridden as the maker intended.

as long as he has the keys ... or an account with Fedex
Old 12-Oct-2004, 09:22
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
Rattler met one of these lads the other week as he bought the zx10r of him and I was a little embarrased as my mate Tom was telling him to how to ride it as I knew it was destined to be thrashed around various tracks and ridden as the maker intended.

as long as he has the keys ... or an account with Fedex

Or a friend willing to fly out for you
Old 12-Oct-2004, 09:33
Ducati Corse

Quote:
So my point is that I was not having a go at you, more the type of people I have mentioned here.
.. your point is well made Martin. Please give Hodgy our best regards next time you see him and remind him he's an honourary life member of DSC
Old 12-Oct-2004, 18:25
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
This could be read as hope for Big Trev... Errrr I mean Troy !! LOL!!!

The Ducati Marlboro Team has told Crash.net that, contrary to reports, no decision has yet been made about the future of Troy Bayliss at the factory team.

Some reports from Sepang stated that former World Superbike champion Bayliss had been told that he would not be joining Loris Capirossi at the factory outfit in 2005. Something the team denies...

"I know everybody is speaking about (Troy leaving), but in reality nothing has been decided for next year yet," a Ducati Marlboro spokesperson told Crash.net.

"Troy is one of the best riders in the world, he's strong and determined, and so it wouldn't be an easy matter to find a suitable substitute.

"I'm afraid we will have to wait some more time before knowing exactly what will happen next year..."

Bayliss has endured a tough 2004 season, with a best finish of fourth and only six points' finishes from the fourteen races so far held. However, the 2004 Desmosedici - unlike its predecessor - has rarely been a match for the leading Hondas and Yamahas.

Indeed, highly-rated Capirossi, although having almost doubled Troy's present 48 world championship points, has also failed to reach the podium in 2004 and – like his team-mate – has a solitary fourth place finish to his credit.

Should Bayliss be replaced, the popular Australian's options are likely to include a move to a rival MotoGP team, perhaps staying within the Ducati 'family' by switching to the satellite d'Antin team, or a return to World Superbikes.

Suzuki's John Hopkins, Yamaha's Carlos Checa and even Honda's Sete Gibernau have all been linked to the second factory Ducati ride - with Hopkins fast emerging as favourite.

Bayliss's home event, the Australian Grand Prix at Philip Island, starts this Friday.
Old 12-Oct-2004, 19:32
MotoGP God

Join me in prayer ...
Old 12-Oct-2004, 19:52
BSB Star

In Toseland getting the nod?
Old 12-Oct-2004, 19:54
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by flanker
In Toseland getting the nod?

To stay in WSB? Come on Mark, you KNOW that TB is a better rider!

And he's cooler, got a better looking new lid. How cool is his new lid!!! Where do I get one, it's not on the Suomy site yet.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit