Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Oct-2003, 12:52
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
My bevel never did this

Just to cheer people up who are having a bad day, just took my 996 in for a service to find 8 closing and 4 opening rockers knackerd along with an exhaust cam.
That new Aprilia is looking better every day, how doe the saying go?, if you can't take a joke, buy a Honda
Bill going to be well in excess of £1500
Old 28-Oct-2003, 16:11
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Sorrey to that Duc2v, its about time Ducati started to replace those items free of charge even if we have to pay labour!
Old 28-Oct-2003, 16:14
Mille

Sorry to hear it mate. My 996 had rockers, cams, altenator & more replaced earlier this year (March) but warranty covered £2500 of the £3000 bill.
Its very very disheartening. Three mates who were dead certs for buying a 748, 749 and a 999 have bought Japanese instead after being completely stunned that a two year old bike required so much work.
It might be worth seeing if Ducati will cover part of the cost. I think some guys on here have had success but cant remember if it was the parts or labour side.
Old 28-Oct-2003, 17:22
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
That would be DIBBLE ! give him a u2u
Old 28-Oct-2003, 20:18
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
The shop I bought it from is not an official dealer, although has been on the go for a long time. They are not too sure any claim would be considered by Ducati as they would claim the bike had not been serviced by an accredited dealer. Still if you don't ask you don't get
Old 28-Oct-2003, 21:01
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Ducv2
I remember reading a story a few years back about a Jap bike engine claim , not sure what type bike or engine damage but it was expensive anyway , the person in question was able to prove that the bike was serviced to an acceptable standard using the manufacturers parts & therefore was his claim was covered !!!

He had to got to court though !!!
Not sure how that helps , but push Ducati anyway & Goodluck
Old 28-Oct-2003, 21:51
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
had something similar happen to mine when i put it in for 6k service,3rockers and 1 exhaust cam(748r).DUK paid for cam and half the cost of the rockers.bike is a 2000 748r,full DUK service history.worth giving their warranty dept a ring as they were helpful.
no the feeling as i had to wait 2 months to get my bike back as noone had the cam in stock,not even the factory!!did make me wonder why i gave up my Marlboro R6 until i picked it up and rode home.hope you have some luck
Old 28-Oct-2003, 22:24

this is really scarey, I have a year of warranty left after that I'll be petrified to go collect it after the services
Old 29-Oct-2003, 06:40
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by polsi irritati 748
this is really scarey, I have a year of warranty left after that I'll be petrified to go collect it after the services

Dont worry too much. Just get it in for a service before the warranty expires. My warranty expired on 1st March this year so my '01 996 in the week before for its 2 year/6k service. They went over it carefully and when I spoke to the mechanic afterwards he said that if there was any doubt they replaced with better spec '02 parts, whereas if it wasnt warranty there were parts they might have advised could have been left a little longer.
Great attitude and service from the dealer - and like others when I rode the bike home I could nearly forgive Ducati. Not enought to buy another one though.