Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Oct-2003, 16:46
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
New track fairings.....

.....I've just taken delivery of my new track fairings - they look fantastic. I'll post some pics once I've fitted them.

If anyone's in the market for some, I'd highly recommend him.

They came from a guy in Cheshire who is a one man band, who takes a lot of care in his work and supplies Ducati fairings to many race teams.

He's a really nice guy and goes out of his way to make sure that he supplies what you want and is probably around £100 cheaper than the same Vimori ones.

He's a real craftsman and is not out to make a fortune, but supplies excellent quality products.

The quality is as good if not better than the Vimori ones and comes complete with seat bracket and all DZUS fasteners etc.... I've sold secondhand fairings for more than these cost me!!!

I know that JPM, Lily and Stoddy have all had bodywork from him, so if you're interested get in touch with them too..

If you're interested give Barry a call on 07748 765842 - I'm not on any commission from this, its just when I get great customer service and great products, I like to pass this on.

Also, I might need to go back to him at some time if I've "modified" my panels somewhat!!!

Tim
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:04
Dibble

did yours come with a special "hinge" on the seat unit ...
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:07
WSB Hero

No.....

......but they're made mostly of rubber - so that they bounce!!!!

Tim
Old 21-Oct-2003, 17:10
Dibble

mnmmmm, maybe i'm made of rubber then ....
Old 22-Oct-2003, 13:15
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
..and they cost how much?

Are they made by the chap who was at Mallory on 1st July?
Old 22-Oct-2003, 16:14
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Yup....same guy

They are the race kit, they need to be slightly modded for a road bike, as the mould is straight from the 998F02, not much to be honest. Probably less now, as I let Barry look at what needed to be changed to get the kit more user friendly.

He also has the side stand mould now, as I run his kit on the road, rather than the Bostrom bodywork
Old 22-Oct-2003, 16:32
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
anyone heard of a gary muir who also does track body work had a look at his 999 stuff on email looks ok but dont know his stuff. works out of bedford i think. may have done some stuff for riverside motorcycles ?
Old 22-Oct-2003, 19:09
WSB Hero

..no mods required for mine.

I did have to drill holes for the nose cone mount and seat pad..... but then I'd asked him to not do these, as I was not sure what nose mount or seat pad I would be using. Other than that they fit straight on.

Mine are 998 fairings for my 996R, not sure about how these fairings would fit a 996 though - Stoddy has these fitted to his 996, so if you're interested drop him a U2U.

Tim

He incoroprates a sidestand for no extra cost (Vimori charge £40 I think) and included a rear seat mount bracket FOC too....

Top guy - highly recommended.
Old 23-Oct-2003, 12:13
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Sounds like he's done the mods then from what you say Tim, I wonder where he got the measurements of the seat bracket...... ??????

Plus what you may or may not know is he moulds a steel plate into the l/h side panel, where the water pump is... just in case of an off !

trick !
Old 23-Oct-2003, 12:21
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

Also, I might need to go back to him at some time if I've "modified" my panels somewhat!!!

Tim

"when" not "if" Tim!