Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jun-2006, 13:16
Big Twin

llandow yesterday

What a fantastic day

we could not ask for better weather, hot sun with a light breeze !

I was the leader (yellow vest) for the inters and then had my own session in the fast group. I only did this in the morning as running 2 sessions back to back was getting to me.

We had a guy who races with the NG club called Rich Webber, we were having a great time doing 44 sec laps (41 sec is lap record) this was untill he lost the front trying not to hit me when I slowed and put my hand up for a red flag , this was caused when we shot past another rider on the brakes and he focused on our back ends and went off into the tyre wall at low speed, so he had very little damage.

I only had one moment when the front tucked on the fast Traffic light right hander but it soon gripped again. I was running a Diablo corsa front and standard diablo rear which worked ok but even though I dropped rear pressure to 30 psi and soffened up rear compresion damping it was spinning the rear and sliding on the exits of the fast bends. So I must fit a set of super corsas for the next track day !

Oh we ONLY had 6 crashes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dunno why we had so many seeing track conditions were perfect !

I will try to add a few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo60[1].jpg (48.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg photo65[1].jpg (50.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by GsxrAge : 03-Jun-2006 at 13:19.
Old 03-Jun-2006, 22:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds good mate, gutted i had to miss out but there will always be another time. dave sounded like he was enjoying himself when i spoke to him at dinner time.

more photos??
Old 03-Jun-2006, 22:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej
sounds good mate, gutted i had to miss out but there will always be another time. dave sounded like he was enjoying himself when i spoke to him at dinner time.

more photos??

yeah both of your mates wer having fun !!

loads of photos on SWB have a look