Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Aug-2004, 00:00
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
1995 900 supersport

Just bought my boss's mint 900 supersport with 2200 miles on the clock. 65 miles since last service 2.5 years ago when it had the stud recall done. anyway, did all the ss models have the oil temp guage fitted as std ??
its off for new belts and oil and filters next week, then possibly for sale, not sure how popular these are but i reckon its a collectors dream just like it left the factory without a hint of dulling or corrosion. only mark is above the slave cyl where it looks like it has been exposed to brake fluid (easily touched up)
also does the fuel pump whir all the time with the ignition on ??

cheers
Old 11-Aug-2004, 00:05
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
Quote:
Originally posted by crm250

"its off for new belts and oil and filters next week, then possibly for sale"

FOR SALE SOON AS YOU BOUGHT IT!!!!!

Terrible!!! Just Terrible!!!

How ugh eh, Im lost for words - A bikes not for profit it's riding like a hoar on a Friday night with a fat bonus in the pay check and a starved labido!

Lol only joking but I still think a bikes for riding!
Old 11-Aug-2004, 00:25
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Q1 = No
Q2 = Yes

Gotta agree with Stu !!!!

F
Old 11-Aug-2004, 01:08
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
'95 or so was around the time they fitted oil temperature gauges.

Don't expect to get a massive amount for it when you come to sell it. Although those that own them love 'em http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=8372 they're not the latest hot sports bike but at the same time they haven't really achieved "Classic" status yet.

Give it a few years and you'll have collectors beating down your door to snatch the keys out of your grubby mitts but for now it's just another 9 year old bike...

Darren

[Edited on 10-8-2004 by FiscusFish]
Old 11-Aug-2004, 10:01
500SD

guys, i dont plan on keeping it as i have a 916 and a lod of other bikes. i thought i got it quite cheap (what should i have paid for it ?)
what do you reckon i could sell it for after its had a service to get rid quick ?

cheers as always
Old 11-Aug-2004, 10:09
500SD

Hey stu, agree bike isfor riding, managed around 12000 in 18 months on my 916 and have the backpain to prove it. i have a couple of NC30's and a 3XV TZR v twin stroker which is just plain fun. also the CRM for off road antics. Only down the road near runcorn if ever your passing, welcome to come take a look at this 900ss and give me your opinion. i did get the bike cheap but it needs half a day of polish and cloths to remove the dust and get it back to that "left the showroom" finish.
i would love to keep it and add it to the collection esp with the reg plate being only 1 no different from my 916, but sadly this bike is my holiday abroad and the girlfreind has taken an instant dislike to this bike for that very reason. i am quite sure there is going to be £500 in it for me and i do hope that this bike would be snapped up for £2700 with its service. what do you think ?
Old 11-Aug-2004, 11:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Hi Paul,

I'm a sucker for a guess-how-much-it'll-sell-for game... I looked at loads of SSs & SLs in May before buying my '96SL, and saw some spanking SSs for around £2-£2.5k. I'm sure that it depends on whether there's a buyer in your area interested. When you're selling for that much money it becomes difficult to attract buyers for outside your county as a train ticket's usually £50+. Add a few of those up and it start5s to eat into your budget....

If you can find someone one the board, or local to you, then I'd reckon £2.5k, otherwise it's a lottery. One I was looking at was spotless, Goodridge eveything, full termi system, but based in Exeter, He couldn't get £2k for it and ended p/xing it for £1.8k..... (see attachment)
Old 11-Aug-2004, 13:32
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
Crm, I'm still lost for words you have as many bikes as I've ever owned.

Suppose with your collection its understandable you want shut of it. Try Lobbing it on Ebay with descent reserve or Biketrader / MCN and Adtrader. 2700 though might be a push, but then again if the right person comes along then you might get that much.

Good luck anyhow.
Old 11-Aug-2004, 21:57
500SD

Yep i was hoping for 2.5 after its had its belts, leaves a couple of hundred quid profit in it then.
i actually took it down the road and it feels great to ride if a little sluggish after the 916, and that steering lock - whats all that about ?? no turning circle what so ever. very very clean bike though and am sure will make its new owner proud

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by crm250]
Old 04-Sep-2004, 10:05
500SD

Well new belts and oils and filters so the bike is all sorted. Only gripe now are the tyres. original 9 year old michelins with plenty of tread but rock hard.
So this weekend will be spent removing all the bodywork and giving it a damn good cleaning before polishing all the inside of the plastics to remove 9 years of garage dust. Bike runs like a dream, and apart from that poor steering lock (thats going to catch me out that) i actually really like it.
Sadly it is part of my "buy my RC30" fund so it will have to go. The chap who serviced it was shocked by its low miles and factory like showroom cond in general. He reckons apart from the stud recal it looks like its never had a thing touched on it in its life. No sign of any spanner marks on nuts or corroded bolts or anything. and reckons i should ask for £3200 all day long for it. I was actually thinking more along the lines of £2800

Do you chaps reckon i will stuck with it for a while or should it go pretty quickly ? perhaps i should take it over to my folks garage in wales and stick it with the rest of the 250 / 350 ducati's of my dads and forget it for a few years. Seems a shame to do that after its service though and it may fight with the TZR250R