Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jun-2006, 16:02
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
749s suspension help

Got mine set up at Front fork top 3 rings, preload 4 rings, comp std and rebound std+2 clicks.
Rear recommended sag with 285mm ride height, comp std, rebound std.
I find it hard to steer in slow corners and it has a tendency to sit up.
It also feels to be pushing the front.
At 16 stone any recommendations on suspension settings.
Thanks
G
Old 12-Jun-2006, 21:33

I have my suspension simular to yours and i weight in at 13.5 stone.

I find my front pushes and has a tendancy to run wide into a corner, i have added some rebound but it hasnt helped much - i think its my riding style - i leave my breaking quite late even on the road - this causes the bike to "spring" and and makes it run wide -

When exiting the corners it also runs wide if im a little hard on the throttle - i think this is becuase i need a harder spring at the rear - if i wind up the rear perload to much - it will have no sag left in it - it maybe worth getting a harder rear spring - it could be the bike is squatting to much in the corners - but im sure someone will have something to add or correct me if im wrong

Sala
Old 12-Jun-2006, 21:48
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Sala, you're bang on!

if you are 16 stone then you'll need a much harder spring, adding compression damping will just make the back slow (note not 'hard') and make the tyre do all the work (bad thing)

if you are 13.5 stone then a harder spring, to a lesser extent, will help.

we've found that +10mm of rear ride height helps the front to track mid corner but it won't help if the back is really squatting.

for a 16 stone rider maybe a 9.5 rate spring, 13.5 stone rider about 8.5 rate. but it is pretty personal and the rear shock may not be able to cope with such a jump in spring rate (you can normally go about 20% +/-)

(standard is about 7.5)

or fit an ohlins one! ££££££££££££

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk
Old 12-Jun-2006, 21:50
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
if the bike "springs" up after braking that is too much rebound on the front - as it springs back it alters the geometry and makes you run wide. try less rebound - also, i used to brake late and hard - one trackday i did the instructor got me to brake earlier, but less and apply it progressively - it keeps the bike settled and you can gauge your speed into the corner better - often getting a bit faster into the corner - by the way i am no expert just what i have learnt so far - still learning