Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jul-2003, 09:08
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
Please advise tyreman, whats the difference Pilot Sports or Piolt Cups

Mr tyreman can you advise the difference Pilot sports and Pilot Cups. Have received my copy of Bike magazine this month and in that they test sports bike rubber. The Pilot Cups rate second highest above the 012ss. The best tyre however is the Metzler. But as i am already running Pilot Sports i thought i might be able to mix the cups and sports. What do you think.
Thanks R-L
Any news on the stolen paddock stand from Mallory !
Old 04-Jul-2003, 10:01
Mille

Mood: i love rubber
morning red leader,as far as i know sport cups are what they call a hypersports tyre all weather supposed to be very good,can use them at track days and then you dont need to change tyres if it rains,i wouldnt think it would be good idea to mix them an only fit a pair,i would think you would still get same sort of mileage as they are very similar tyre .if you go to my website click on general info it takes you to various brands tech pages. hope this helps

tyreman
Old 07-Aug-2003, 10:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

I have a very slightly worn pair of Pilot cups to sell, won't take any liability for it when you fall off on the poxy things though. The tyre reviews are a bit like all the rest of the pony you read in the comics, best read with a large pinch of salt at hand !.
Old 09-Aug-2003, 23:16
500SD

Take that you dont reckon them then eh. Care to let me know your thoughts and what you have fitted instead.
R-L
Old 14-Aug-2003, 12:55

Mood: Want some knee down action
what was the ranking?

Hi,

you mention a Bike magazine tyre test, what was the final ranking of the tyres?

I thinking of changing but am a little undecided at the moment...

PC

Quote:
Originally posted by Red-leader
Mr tyreman can you advise the difference Pilot sports and Pilot Cups. Have received my copy of Bike magazine this month and in that they test sports bike rubber. The Pilot Cups rate second highest above the 012ss. The best tyre however is the Metzler. But as i am already running Pilot Sports i thought i might be able to mix the cups and sports. What do you think.
Thanks R-L
Any news on the stolen paddock stand from Mallory !
Old 14-Aug-2003, 22:45
500SD

Last months bike magazine they beat every tyre except the Metzlers. Strange but true !!
Old 14-Aug-2003, 22:58
Mille

Mood: Yoi
And another question to Tyreman

Sorry to but in, but do you have any opinions about the relative merits of Michelin v Dunlop slicks?

I've been using Dunlops for sometime but have been offered Mich's a good deal cheaper but haven't found anyone that rates them!

Just wondering....
Old 15-Aug-2003, 09:34
Mille

Mood: i love rubber
hi david,have a couple of track day boys who use them ,they get them cheap too,they say they are good but so do lads using dunlops,i think at the end of the day its what you feel comfortable and confident on.
sorry cant really say anymore

tyreman
Old 26-Aug-2003, 13:18
DSC Club Member
Mille

Mood: Ageing Disgracefully
I think the Pilot Sport cups were intended for race series where the same tyre should be used wet or dry.

So although it has the look of a regular Pilot Sport, the carcass and comound would be similar to the Pilot Race.

Foxy