Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Sep-2005, 18:34
Mille

749s Full System is HERE!!

Just wanted to let you guys know my full 2-1-2 system for my '05 749s is sitting in my garage and I'm about to go start on it. I mentioned in another thread that we were expecting them to be next to impossible to get in the states so I am gonna go out on a ledge and say I have the only system in the US right now. Don't know if you guys are still waiting but I plan on taking pictuers through the whole process and documenting important stuff. Two comment right away though...

1. There are two bags of brackets, nuts, bolts, washers, and little gizmos and crap and not a single lick of directions.

2. This system is top shelf quality. The pipes look beautiful, the carbon fiber is BEAUTIFUL (btw, not only does it come with the carbon heat shield, but is also comes with a carbon leg heat shield on the side)

Anyone has any questions just let me know.
Old 25-Sep-2005, 18:36
Montjuic

what make is it , does it come with the ECU and how much was it.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 01:05
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Termi, yes it will come with an ECU and I guess it was around $2000...
Old 26-Sep-2005, 07:05
Mille

Spot on there twinfan
Old 26-Sep-2005, 07:16
Mille

Job done...7 hours start to complete finish and that's taking my time being picky. Results...great fit. Different looking than I expected but not too ugly. Great quality system and the job itself was very straight foward. No rocket science or man handling at all. I was very surprised. The sound...almost slightly dissapointed. Great tone or sound quality but not near the volume I had hoped for or expected given the fact you can see straight through the muffler on both sides. It's supposedly rated at 102db but don't know where that's at. It's alot quieter than my SS. But overall happy. It's still an improvement over stock.

It is running funny though. Throttle response is very crisp and the engine spins up alot more freely now. Very noticable. BUT, it doesn't like to run at part throttle now and there are a few very flat spots, but it does run smoothe. This is with the new ECU also. I didn't try sticking the old one back in just to see how it would run but thought about it. What do you guys think about that? I think I'm gonna leave it and just take it to the shop on Tuesday and let them play with the tuning on it. Might as well leave the new ECU in if I'm gonna do that. If anyone is interested, I'll get photos up soon. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 10:35
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Stick some pics up please!

The bike is running a bit funny because you need the CO2 and idle setting up at the dealer, even though you have the new ECU. Get it booked in for a setup - should only be a couple of hours labour.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 10:47
Big Twin

Yes, my bike was not too happy at first but I took it to my local dealer who checked the co2 and adjusted it in about 15 minutes , it was much better after that.

As for sound I found that mine has become louder and louder every time I go out, it has a nice deep bark and it scares small children now !
Old 27-Sep-2005, 06:00
Mille

Pictures for you guys. I have many more including close ups of the new brackets required on the right hand side so let me know if there are any special request...

Taking into the shop tomorrow to get it tweaked up!!
Old 27-Sep-2005, 06:01
Mille

another...
Old 27-Sep-2005, 06:03
Mille

Guess my photo's are too big. Let me downsize them and I'll get some more up.