Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Nov-2005, 08:15
BSB Star

D\'Antín confident of improved 2006

I think, as predicted by a few about the '06 season;

Luis d'Antín, manager of Team D'Antín Pramac, has confirmed that his plans for the 2006 season include a two-rider line-up and better machinery. The Spanish manager told motogp.com that he was confident about next season as negotiations with the Ducati factory are well underway and he expects to make an official announcement about both riders and equipment during next weekend's Gran Premio betandwin.com de la Comunitat Valenciana.

"At the moment, all I can say is that we'll have two riders next year. The negotiations are progressing well and I hope I can announce the name of the riders in the next few days, possibly at Valencia if everything is signed," said d'Antin.

"I can also already reveal that the team will have two 'satellite-spec' 2006 Ducati Desmosedici, which will be almost the same as the factory bikes - that would be a great step forward in terms of performance. However, some technical details still have to be agreed on," he added.

D'Antín also took the opportunity to look back on his team’s difficult 2005 campaign ahead of the final round of the season. "We knew it would be tough this year as we agreed to work with Dunlop on the development of their tyres. We have progressed a lot in that area, as shown by how Roby Rolfo's lap times have improved over the year. We haven’t been able to get great results, but MotoGP is a very competitive sport and the top 15 can be covered by little more than a second. Hopefully, we'll get closer next year."
Old 01-Nov-2005, 10:48
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
"satalite spec" that'll be the same as our 620R's !
butch
Old 01-Nov-2005, 20:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sadly Butch the 620R will not be competitive, I was up at the NEC today and discovered from sources inside Ducati that the 620R will only run on Avgas anything else and it suffers terminal detination problems.
And as Avgas is not allowed under ACU rules in club racing then entering DD on a 620R would be both a waste of time and costly and you would be better off giving the money needed to purchase one of these Rare Very Limited Edition 620R's to D'Antin to help him run his two 'satellite-spec' 2006 Ducati Desmosedicis. :P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit