Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Apr-2011, 14:44
Bevel Head

Mood: Alway's smiling when on my Duke
2007 Ducati 1098 died for a few seconds.

Can anyone help here?
Was out yesterday on my 1098 and after about 80 miles I was easing off the throttle to about 30mph and all of a sudden the engine stopped I pressed the starter button while free wheeling and it started no problem.
Was okay for the rest of my 140 mile run.
I'm not sure but I think when the engine stopped the dash went blank but i'm not 100% sure as it happened so quick then I hit the starter button and it was up and running again.
I am running the standard cans.

Last edited by Dougie748 : 18-Apr-2011 at 14:55.
Old 19-Apr-2011, 13:39
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Probably not relevant, but I did experience something similar when my immobiliser remote got pressed inadvertantly in my jacket pocket.

This was scary as I was in full flow around Cadwell at the time.

So if you have an immobiliser and you have no other reason why it would cut out, you might just want to check all is operating as you would expect.
Old 19-Apr-2011, 22:20
Bevel Head

Mood: Alway's smiling when on my Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth
Probably not relevant, but I did experience something similar when my immobiliser remote got pressed inadvertantly in my jacket pocket.

This was scary as I was in full flow around Cadwell at the time.

So if you have an immobiliser and you have no other reason why it would cut out, you might just want to check all is operating as you would expect.

Cheers Stealth that could possibly have been the problem as I wear the remote round my neck under my leathers.
Never thought of that before so I'll try it on my key ring to see if this solves this problem.
Old 20-Apr-2011, 09:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I've seen a couple of 1098/1198 of late with similar problems and they've been caused by corroded ignition relays. Not enough to fail, but enoughh for them to get a bit hot and throw a wobbly.
They are tucked away to the RHS of the battery tray, just behind the water pipes. You can get access by taking off the battery cover and pulling the upper pipe forward a little.
Just as an aside, the alarm activation should be disabled with ignition on.