Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Apr-2012, 10:59
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
1098 recall issues.

Morning all,

Ive been looking through some old information on the net and on here and there is a common thread of some of the 1098's needing to be recalled for certain aspects namely:

1. Expanding tank - I have seen this mainly in the States so might be a heat issue?
2. Radiator leak
3. Voltage regulator

I have asked at the dealership and they said that all was checked before they sold it to me but as I have been what could be described as a 'thorough' customer in the sense that I negotiated hard and didnt allow them to get away with cutting corners, I think they are keen just to give me lip service now.

I have checked the original documentation which I received form the dealership and from the last 2 services I can see a 'reg rec recall' done July 2009 and a 'rear sporocket recall' done Nov 2008.

I assume the first is the regulator but there is no mention of the tank or radiator. Were all bikes affected and so should I be asking for these items to be checked? Is there a national number or website - UK - or international one which I can cross reference my VIN against to see what was done or needs to be done.

Thanks

Richard

Last edited by TheDrunkenBakers : 13-Apr-2012 at 11:55.
Old 13-Apr-2012, 12:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
radiators still fail; quite a few have had a number of replacements. Tank is not something I've ever seen personally, or heard of from any friends first hand, and I belive it is avoidable buy using regular fuel and if storing do so with an empty tank.

You could try DUK and ask if its been done, or maybe another delaer to look up service history thru the warranty system?

Its a used bike tho, yer pay yer money, yer take yer chances

worth noting these are not recalls; at best they are reowoks but most dont get done until they fail
Old 13-Apr-2012, 14:35
Big Twin

My brothers bike which is three years old and out of warranty has just had the radiator replaced free of charge when it developed a leak.

If it is not leaking then they will not change it.
Old 13-Apr-2012, 14:55
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
**touch wood** Ill be OK.

I get a 12 month warranty with the bike as part of the dealer package so most stuff should be covered and looking at what's covered quite comprehensive and as usual will not cover self inflicted damage to the bike caused by using sunflower oil in the brake reservouir or fuelling the bike with Lyle's Golden Syrup.

Lets hope that things get fooked up in the next year, if they fail at all.