Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-May-2005, 08:45
Ducati Corse

AMA Race Results

Originally posted on Ducati.comParts Unlimited Ducati Austin's Neil Hodgson and Eric Bostrom took on the AMA Superbike stars at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California on Sunday, concluding the race weekend with the typically competitive 28-lap AMA Superbike race. Ducati 999-mounted Hodgson was fifth on Sunday and his teammate Bostrom was seventh at the 12-turn, 2.22 mile track.

While Neil couldn't repeat his podium finish from Saturday, he had a race-long battle with Jake Zemke for fourth spot, even though he was disappointed not to contend for the victory. In the end, Neil finished fifth to continue his string of top five finishes on his 999 Superbike.

"It was just tough. I rode as hard as I could the whole race," said Hodgson. "Throughout all of it, I was staying optimistic. I was thinking, 'Where am I going to pass (Zemke)?' My corner speed was strong and I was good on the brakes. I was staying close until he made a mistake. Those last two laps, I took my brain out, as racers sometimes say. I thought to myself, 'I've got to do something.' I did equal to my fastest lap on the second to the last lap, but I was on the limit. I was losing the front in every corner."

Eric Bostrom improved to seventh on Sunday but the 12-time AMA Superbike race winner still fell short of his goals to run at the front in Sonoma. "It's disappointing. In morning practice we were fast on the tire we raced on. I thought we would do 1:37s in the race but a telling sign on the warm-up lap was I didn't have as much grip as I thought. I went backwards when the green flag dropped and I don't really understand why things happened as they did. We have some work to do before Colorado, a track where we won last season and I've always done well at in the past."

"Neil's lap times improved today as we used a different tire," said team engineer Luca Ferracciloi. "But our rivals also improved. Neil and Eric put in the effort but we're disappointed with the results today."

Race 2 Results
1. Mat Mladin (Suzuki)
2. Aaron Yates (Suzuki)
3. Ben Spies (Suzuki)
4. Jake Zemke (Honda)
5. Neil Hodgson (Ducati)
6. Miguel DuHamel (Honda)
7. Eric Bostrom (Ducati)
8. Josh Hayes (Kawasaki)
9. Marty Cragill (Suzuki)
10. Larry Pegram (Honda)

Overall Standings
1. Mat Mladin (Suzuki) - 227
2. Ben Spies (Suzuki) - 211
3. Aaron Yates (Suzuki) - 207
4. Neil Hodgson (Ducati) - 201
5. Eric Bostrom (Ducati) - 167
6. Miguel DuHamel (Honda) - 149
7. Marty Cragill (Suzuki) - 149
8. Lee Acree (Suzuki) - 125
9. Steve Rapp (Suzuki) - 117
10. Larry Pegram (Honda) - 116

Parts Unlimited Ducati Austin will next race their Italian L-twin Superbikes next weekend at Pikes Peak International Raceway.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:13
888 at Last !!!

Neil is trying real hard and it's paying off. Why doesn't Matt go to WSBK or MotoGP - he is clearly completely overwhelming is AMA.

Anyway I'd like to rant about Speed Channel and how utterly crap the coverage of AMA is - if it wasn't for Fast Freddie commentating it would be complete drivel. And the advert breaks ... they are unrelenting. The sponsorship of everything .... "round 4 sponsored by Kawasaki & Parts Unlimited & Coors Beer". I can see Motors TV doing their best and at least the ad breaks are halved.

I shouldn't complain - it's better than not watching it at all. I think I will not stay up and watch it live now and wait for the edited versions later in the week.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

If Neil can keep finishing every race, his consistancy will pay off towards the end.

For some reason the guys in America often come in for tyres mid race???

I'm not a big Hodgson fan, but want to see him stick it up them. He's a really nice bloke and a quality rider.

Go Neil!!
Old 16-May-2005, 15:20
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Mat went to GP's very young and it didn't work out. He was pretty mouthy when he was younger and because he was beating Corser he was pretty arrogant.

I don't think he's lost too much of the arrogance but he's tempered with age. I think he's too old/comfortable to leave AMA at the moment. He'd be on a HUGE salary and the factory's probably wouldn't really be looking at him to go to WSB or GP's either.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:39
BSB Star

And, they keep saying, Niel Hodgson from the IOM, he lives in the states now, and he's from Burnley.

I notice they never interviewed him, but I did notice he was not stood next to his bike, in the past he has been interviewed.

Always liked Hodgson, but those Gixxers are way to fast.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:51
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by ziggi
Neil is trying real hard and it's paying off. Why doesn't Matt go to WSBK or MotoGP - he is clearly completely overwhelming is AMA.

Anyway I'd like to rant about Speed Channel and how utterly crap the coverage of AMA is - if it wasn't for Fast Freddie commentating it would be complete drivel. And the advert breaks ... they are unrelenting. The sponsorship of everything .... "round 4 sponsored by Kawasaki & Parts Unlimited & Coors Beer". I can see Motors TV doing their best and at least the ad breaks are halved.

I shouldn't complain - it's better than not watching it at all. I think I will not stay up and watch it live now and wait for the edited versions later in the week.

Sky + is the answer !!!! Fast forward!!!

Also, they did interview NH at the start of the second race, he was squatting down doing some crutch looseing exercises at the time - he wouldn't have been able to do that at the last race!!!!

Tim
Old 16-May-2005, 16:13
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Mladin? why go to WSB etc? why.... US is his home, and he gets paid way more than WSB or some GP riders I'm sure, just think of his Salary, sponsors, endorsments...
Old 16-May-2005, 16:16
BSB Star

plus, the team he racers for, i believe he owns now

[Edited on 16-5-2005 by Flanks]
Old 16-May-2005, 16:28
BSB Star

Yeah, Mladin owns, manages and races! Which hats off, but what has Paul got to do with this anyway?
Old 16-May-2005, 16:33
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I think the team that Mladin owns isn't the one he races for, it's a smaller team.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit