Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-May-2005, 14:54
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
sete discussion....... **result spoiler**

so with sete getting his arse handed to him on a plate again, what; if anything; can he do to beat rossi?

i believe rossi is the best rider out there, but surely sete has to try something different to beat him. he is constantly being stalked by rossi and then overtaken seemingly at will. should he try and really push for an early advantage in an attempt to force rossi into a mistake, as has happened in the past?
'let' rossi through and turn the tables? or is rossi simply too good and all sete can hope for is a DNF from rossi where sete can close the gap?
Old 16-May-2005, 14:59
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I think the fact that they both put in their fastest lap on the final lap shows that whatever Sete can throw at Rossi, it just isn't good enough.

However, as was said in the commentary, Sete is the only one good enough to push Rossi that hard.

Sete is simply the best of the rest and Rossi is Tina Turner!!!!

Tim
Old 16-May-2005, 15:06
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Rossi - Lap 28 -1.33.678 fastest lap of race, WTF can you do when you put pressure on from behind and he responds with a lap like that. Rossi can up it no matter whether he's in front or behind, he just seems capable of lifting it that little bit more, he's on the edge as you can see from the odd mistake but unless he bins it he's going to win if he's one on one with anyone

Sete has to go from the gun and try and bang a big lead in and hope Rossi gets stuck in traffic, his start wasn't good yesterday but Sete was in wrong place to take any advantage.

Its impressive TV at the mo, I don't want anything to change.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:07
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Rossi rides better under pressure, and Sete knows this too. I really don't think there's anything that anyone can do at the moment to beat him, maybe in the odd race just not over the whole championship.

Something always makes me think that Rossi is toying with people, exactly as you say by stalking them and going past at will. We'll never know just how much he's got in reserve (like negating a 10-second penalty as he did at Philip Island in 2003 iirc?) and that's why he's the best rider out there.

Does it make the racing any less exciting? No. We know he's on a lesser machine - you're not telling me that the Yamahá is better on paper than the Hondá! - and it makes the racing that much better and maybe more even. Having Rossi on a Hondá this (and last) year would have been like F1 with the Schumaker/Ferrari partnership over the last few years and turned it into a procession.

All credit to Sete for being up there with him, but he'll only win on Rossi's mistakes and that just ain't gonna happen.
Old 16-May-2005, 15:16
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I don't like Sete... He's too righteous and still banging on about Dajiro, and he never gets ****ed off, he's way too false and a bit wooden.

He's a good rider, but if Rossi wasn't out there, I don't think Sete would be as fast as he is. Without Rossi, Sete would be battling with Biaggi, Barros, Hayden, Capirossi etc.

Rossi is on another level entirely, and I LOVE IT when he beats Sete :P

(Good to see Colin up there too)
Old 16-May-2005, 15:31
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

Sete is simply the best of the rest and Rossi is Tina Turner!!!!

Tim
Old 16-May-2005, 15:53
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
The only one that can beat Rossi is Rossi (if he burns out ) & even that wont happen , once he gets bored he's gone
Old 16-May-2005, 15:55
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Hmmm!

How long has Sete been a DSC member

Well he's not gonna beat the rest to win the WORLD champs so why not join the best and do DesmoDue :P
Old 16-May-2005, 16:01
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
For me Rossi is the complete racer, he has everything, speed, talent, mental attitude, that "jack russell" aggression, and the edge on everyone else out there, call that what you will.

Sete is a good, great rider but just doesn't have all of those attributes or not as well honed as Rossi, if Rossi wasn't there Sete should be running away with it for sure, but as has been said maybe he would be swallowed up then by the likes of Biaggi, Baros, Capirossi, Hayden, Melandri etc?

Rossi is just at another level, a bit like Schumacher the difference being MotoGP is still thoroughly entertaining to watch unlike F1. Maybe Rossi will retire in a few years? maybe he'll jump to F1?

It would be interesting to see Rossi on an even lesser bike, the kwakker? the Ducati? and also see what he would be like without Jeremy Burgess just to see how much they add to his package.
Old 16-May-2005, 17:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Great race and to me it looked like the Honda no longer had the advantage coming out of the slower corners like it did last year, at on time the Honda would have closed the gap as soon as they exited the last turn onto the start finish straight and then use the slipstream to pass at the end of the straight. Just didn't see this happening yesterday, so if Yamaha have given Rossi that little bit more I can't see there is anything Sete can do about Rossi's wining.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit