Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jun-2003, 14:17
Mille

re-packing termis

I now have a rapidly reducing supply of Superwool 607 blanket suitable for re-packing exhausts.

This is a high quality material designed for industrial lagging applications which is classified to 2012 degrees Fahrenheit, 1100 degrees Celsius. It comes in the form of a dense but lightweight white blanket, 25mm thick and 600mm wide. I have just re-packed my own Termi's and found a 1 metre length to be more than adequate for the pair, using the off-cut to pad out the oval section of the Termi sleeves. A wrap of packaging tape keeps the whole thing in place around the circular internal 'cheese-grater' exhaust pipe while you enter it into the exterior carbon/Ti sleeve. It is much easier to work with than the commonly used GRP packing sold by race equipment suppliers and its performance and longevity is going to be far better - test GRP by putting a match to its stands - it melts down.

There are no specific Handling guidelines but I would advise the use of a face-mask and gloves to prevent itching and breathing of any dust i.e handle in the same way as you would for loft insulation. The blanket is easily cut to size with household scissors.

I can supply 4 sets of this material for £15 per set inc. p&p. (I may be able to get some more, dependent upon demand).

Let me know who's wanting some - it's on a first come first served basis.

Andy
Old 16-Jun-2003, 15:32

u have mail/ Alb916