Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Sep-2006, 10:45
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Question

My view...

The DSC and the DD organisers (whover they are) need to run and control the series.
-including race formats / points / prizes / entry cirteria etc.

New Era put the races on for us.
- as they do for everyone else.

The series was intended to and should remain different from everyone / everything else. The same RC getting BAD press are also the ones who sorted a number of issues out this year for DD to run as smoothly as possible. Tyres, Assen, Donnington, Press coverage, guest riders.

As we have seen this year, we are just a small cog in the New Era wheel.

The riders working WITH people (DSC / DD / RC / Riders Reps / New Era) in this series is the way forward. NOT the constant battling between individuals who are self promoting / with alternate agendas / thinking they can and will do better than that person etc. / wanting to make a point etc. If the behaviour that has happened this year happened in a workplace people should be sacked....and I work in HR!

I joined DD to race with my DSC current and new mates in an enjoyable, fun and friendly series, just like 90% of the people involved. The other 10% can go and race Hysongogogo mobiles as far as I'm concerned and take the petty politics with them. It's not WSB people, in fact it's a relatively NOVICE CLUB series, get off your soap box and enjoy. If not go elsewhere PLEASE.

I'n not supporting the RC or the individuals concerned, I just have a long clear memory as to what this DD thing was all about...people seen to be forgetting that.

What I'm suggesting is not difficult and I have and will continue to support the DD series going forward in 2007 fomally or informally in any role.

Unless I really chuck it down the road at Cadwell and hurt myself....
Old 25-Sep-2006, 10:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
DD may be a DSC event, but without the people who actually get out there and race, there is no series.

Lastly, the RC members from 2005 and 2006 have proven that they are not the right people to run DD in 2007.

Dom,

Without the DSC there would be no DD, there are lots of races annd racers out there.

Please show some respect for the efforts that have been made over the past two year to make the DD happen, sure things haven't been perfect. If you can't do that then stop publicly having a go at people.

Without the DSC run DD, you and the riders wouldn't have gone to Assen and you and Phil wouldn't have got a race series to win.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:12
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
I would like DD to stay with the DSC in 2007 as well, but I have a problem with allowing the whole membership to vote on something that only affects about 35 of us.

DD may be a DSC event, but without the people who actually get out there and race, there is no series. Therefore I think it is only reasonable/sensible to allow those directly involved to decide their destiny, rather than the whole membership who won't be affected one way or another.

I doubt if many non-DD racers could care less about who runs it anyway.

I also think it would be too open to abuse or peer pressure if you allowed the whole membership to vote. At the risk of sounding controversial, I think there are lots of club members that would back MT members purely because they don't want to upset them.

Lastly, the RC members from 2005 and 2006 have proven that they are not the right people to run DD in 2007.

Fair points Dom, but to your last point, it could be argued that the series wouldn't have all that it does have (good and bad) without the RC members over the last 2 years. They haven't always done right in my opinion (that's why I resigned), but they have done a lot of good by getting the series going and to the point it is today. If we are allowed to vote (and I think it should just be the DD riders too), then we can decide whether those presently on the RC should remain.

Tim
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:12
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Dom,

Without the DSC there would be no DD

I don't see what your getting at. I said I want DD to remain with DSC. I just don't see why EVERYONE should have a say on who or how it's run.

Quote:
Please show some respect for the efforts that have been made over the past two year to make the DD happen, sure things haven't been perfect. If you can't do that then stop publicly having a go at people.

I think you'll find I'm often the first person to say when good things have been done. I'm also one of the first to point out when things are not being done. Respect goes both ways too.

Quote:
Without the DSC run DD, you and the riders wouldn't have gone to Assen and you and Phil wouldn't have got a race series to win.

I could have gone to Assen without DSC, and I could have won another race series without DD/DSC. That's not the point at all. I like DD & the DSC and I want it to be run the best it can be. So far, although certain things have been very good, I think a lot needs to be improved upon and I personally don't think the current RC are the right people to do it.

Can I not have a personal opinion now? or only if its all nicey nicey??

We could just sweep everything under the carpet, put our heads in the sand and pretend everything is perfect of course.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:15
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Fair points Dom, but to your last point, it could be argued that the series wouldn't have all that it does have (good and bad) without the RC members over the last 2 years. They haven't always done right in my opinion (that's why I resigned), but they have done a lot of good by getting the series going and to the point it is today. If we are allowed to vote (and I think it should just be the DD riders too), then we can decide whether those presently on the RC should remain.

Tim

That's all I'm saying.

Why do you all read in to what I post and make out I hold some extreme view.

As I just said to Chris, I will always applaud the good work - which I have done, but I will also criticise when things are done poorly.

On balance, I think someone else should be given the opportunity to improve DD - unless nobody wants to do it.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:19
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

Why do you all read in to what I post and make out I hold some extreme view.

Well, on this point, you have often shown the ability in your other postings to take an "extreme" view - nothing wrong with that, but don't be surprised if others may think that you hold "extreme" views on many subjects too...

Tim
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
My view...

The DSC and the DD organisers (whover they are) need to run and control the series.
-including race formats / points / prizes / entry cirteria etc.

New Era put the races on for us.
- as they do for everyone else.

The series was intended to and should remain different from everyone / everything else. The same RC getting BAD press are also the ones who sorted a number of issues out this year for DD to run as smoothly as possible. Tyres, Assen, Donnington, Press coverage, guest riders.

As we have seen this year, we are just a small cog in the New Era wheel.

The riders working WITH people (DSC / DD / RC / Riders Reps / New Era) in this series is the way forward. NOT the constant battling between individuals who are self promoting / with alternate agendas / thinking they can and will do better than that person etc. / wanting to make a point etc. If the behaviour that has happened this year happened in a workplace people should be sacked....and I work in HR!

I joined DD to race with my DSC current and new mates in an enjoyable, fun and friendly series, just like 90% of the people involved. The other 10% can go and race Hysongogogo mobiles as far as I'm concerned and take the petty politics with them. It's not WSB people, in fact it's a relatively NOVICE CLUB series, get off your soap box and enjoy. If not go elsewhere PLEASE.

I'n not supporting the RC or the individuals concerned, I just have a long clear memory as to what this DD thing was all about...people seen to be forgetting that.

What I'm suggesting is not difficult and I have and will continue to support the DD series going forward in 2007 fomally or informally in any role.

Unless I really chuck it down the road at Cadwell and hurt myself....

Absolutely agree with Chris on this.....well said .................100%

Phil
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Well, on this point, you have often shown the ability in your other postings to take an "extreme" view - nothing wrong with that, but don't be surprised if others may think that you hold "extreme" views on many subjects too...

Tim

I am Mr Unextreme

I can see that some things I say may be seen as over-enthusiastic, but...

"the RC members from 2005 and 2006 have proven that they are not the right people to run DD in 2007."

...isn't extreme is it?

Maybe it is
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:53
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
I was just about to agree with Dom's concerns over having the DSC rather than just the DD riders voting on DD matters when I remembered -

DD was intended as a series for DSC members to experience racing, NOT as a one-make series where the riders made the racing decisions themselves, while benefitting from someone else sorting out tyres, sponsorship, entry criteria etc

That said, the DD doesn’t always seem to have enjoyed the fullest support of some sections of the DSC membership or officaldom.......

I tend to support the view that sorting out the rules,venues,formats, grids etc should be done by representatives of the DSC before the start of the season and then a single person act as liasion with the race organiser (NE or whoever) and back into the riders and the DSC.

Then it is down to individuals to decide if they want to race under the rules and conditions available at the start of the year and join or not join the series accordingly.

There may well be minor changes to the odd round and while it can be a pain, it happens in pretty much all forms of competitive sport, motor or otherwise.

So to sum up, the people who have done the majority of the hardwork in the setting up of the series thus far are arguably the best people to take us into 2007, but perhaps a different personality is required for initially dealing with any issues arising during the season?

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer

Last edited by paynep : 25-Sep-2006 at 14:21.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
I am Mr Unextreme

I can see that some things I say may be seen as over-enthusiastic, but...

"the RC members from 2005 and 2006 have proven that they are not the right people to run DD in 2007."

...isn't extreme is it?

Maybe it is

series going from strenght to strenght...!!...2 championships increased grid numbers...overseas round....Oulton park added as requested...tyre deal..shell oil pack....press coverage..!!.

All good things that the DD/RC have done.....

Sure there are " issues " that have arisen but are they not due to outside influences other than DD born......

Im not saying the RC are all brillaint and get everything right !!! how can they with 45 plus different views and opinions.? cos they are not...but better the devil.?...

edited to add and support Paul in VOTE CHRIS WOOD IN........................to work with along side the MT on the DD

Last edited by fil2 : 25-Sep-2006 at 11:56.