Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss

Show-Off

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 31-Mar-2009, 09:48
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
No-no Kev, the bike really encourages you.

I loved it and desperately want one...

Andy
Old 31-Mar-2009, 11:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Do what you need to be fast? By feel.

I never got my knee down, felt better tucking it in and trying to get my head forward and over the front? Doohan style was my inspiration.

I used to push the bike down, got some coaching, " keep the bike as upright as possible, get you body over and down'.

Bradders, you're a big unit, no doubt, so can you pick yourself up and then down, just using your legs, from one side to the other, not just sitting on/in the seat?
Old 31-Mar-2009, 12:32
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:

Andy

Haven't tried the 848 yet, haven't even tried a basic 1098, both 1098s I have ridden have been the R model and they are impressive, one of them I rode at last years Cadwell trackday and the other on local roads that I had ridden the day before on a MV 1000 Senna, I'd have the 1098R over the MV any day of the week.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 31-Mar-2009, 14:25
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Bradders, you're a big unit, no doubt, so can you pick yourself up and then down, just using your legs, from one side to the other, not just sitting on/in the seat?

made me laugh!

dont think I can no, tho not tried it...but the more I can use other than my arms, the more steering I can do
Old 31-Mar-2009, 15:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
They teach it perfectly at the California Superbike School Paul, why not give them a try?

http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk

Old 31-Mar-2009, 15:44
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
They teach it perfectly at the California Superbike School Paul, why not give them a try?

http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk

so predictable........
Old 31-Mar-2009, 16:22
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
so predictable........

You can do better than that!
Old 31-Mar-2009, 16:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:

Andy

I'll second that...I'll be after one of Ducati's 848 demo bikes for a session at Cadwell. I remember how good it was last year and want another hit.

As for the body positioning Bradders, I move around on the bike a lot, and hang off in what feels, to me, like a gibbon. As you can see from the photo, I'm just going into Barn the same as Andy is ^^^^ up there. Similar lean angle (Andy might be over a couple of degrees more), similar body position, but my knee is still yards from the tarmac and I very seldom get it on the deck.

The main difference is that I've got short stumpy legs compared to Andy, and what you can't see behind the zorst is that I'm already right on tiptoes with my left boot in order to use my left leg to lock into the tank, whereas Andy's boot is much flatter. This in turn means that I'm already hanging off about as far as the length of my thigh will let me, any more and my outside boot would be off the peg. Bayliss can do that but I can't without compromising the cleanliness of my undies. That and the fact I'm not very flexible in my hips and can't splay my legs any wider (ooerr missus) probably costs me a couple of inches in my ability to hang off, and my inside leg has the same affliction so that probably costs me another couple of inches between my knee and touch down. Alright, my outside foot is probably on tiptoes a bit more 'cos this is obviously my ST and it's got loads more seat to peg distance than my 888, but it's pretty much the same story with the T8, my knee hardly ever touches down. I don't sweat it, the pic above is about as far off the bike as I'm comfortable with right now.

One thing I do notice is that I'm up to 15 1/2 stone now and my beer belly really does restrict how easily I can get my torso down low - not just on a bike but during karate training as well, so I know I need to lose weight to be really mobile, another thing you can't see is that my belly is pressed flat on the tank so a few inches off my waistline would let me get my upper body a lot lower

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^

Last edited by Jools : 31-Mar-2009 at 17:09.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 17:21
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
so much debate....

not sure I'd get great value TP tbh. As said above (and too much!!) my statue also restricts my ability to jump around on a bike.

In terms of going faster, I'll be concentrating on track first being able to brake and turn and use markers something I know they teach but something a well mannered mate can teach me on a trackday. Also, having seen the program and read the books, I have a reasonable appreciation of what is needed. £2k is a lot of trackdays!!

reason for the Q is that I can practice body position on the road.

Jools - know the short leg thing all too well alas