Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 13-Aug-2009, 19:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
How easy is it to take a datatool off???

After leaving me calling for a recovery truck with some weird immobiliser type symptoms at the weekend (that seemed to be fixed simply by using the second key fob). I reckon I've got more to do if I want to be out and about this weekend.

I was doing some work outside the house and just brushed past the bike. The alarm went off and I'd done no more than flick it with my sleeve as I went past. Then it refused to turn off, with either key fob. Tried the "pressing both buttons at a time" thing to reset it....nothing...bloody thing squealing away. Then I put the key into the ignition to see if I could put it into service mode, and....the alarm turned itself off when I put the ignition on. Switch the ignition off again and it burst into it's racket again. No amount of dicking around with the key seems to disarm the alarm or reset it so I've had enough just want rid of the thing...but I've no idea what bits of the loom it's patched into or what I have to do to remove it (apart from clipping the wires and throwing in in the bin)

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 13-Aug-2009, 20:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
so I've had enough just want rid of the thing...but I've no idea what bits of the loom it's patched into or what I have to do to remove it (apart from clipping the wires and throwing in in the bin)

Its a doddle
Removed the Datatool Duo from my S2R last Saturday, took all of half an hour to have the bike ready to ride again

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 13-Aug-2009, 20:45
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Piece of **** mate.
Did it on my 916,took about an hour.All you need is a few through crimps and some insulation tape.
Just disconnect the alarm box,open it up and remove the battery.Follow the wires coming away from it,.....then cut and crimp where they are spliced into the bikes loom.(start/stop s/w,fuel pump,indicators,etc.)
Old 13-Aug-2009, 20:59
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Piece of **** mate.
Did it on my 916,took about an hour.All you need is a few through crimps and some insulation tape.
Just disconnect the alarm box,open it up and remove the battery.Follow the wires coming away from it,.....then cut and crimp where they are spliced into the bikes loom.(start/stop s/w,fuel pump,indicators,etc.)

If that fails I might have a bit of Semtex in the shed