Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Mar-2011, 00:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
What I did note, was that there is quite a bit of adjustment there. At least an inch.

Making life difficult for yourself again Matt
If it has 1" of adjustment then why not set it halfway between where it is at the moment and maximum, then when you try it at Malllory you will soon know if you need to go longer or shorter, rather than just keep going longer in steps until you find the setting you want

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Mar-2011, 01:35
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Where did you get that info from Alan
As far as I know a 900SS shock is the same length as that of the 600SS, unlike a 750SSie and 900SSie shocks which are 5mm longer

That's what I meant Kev the 900SSie is 5mm longer as you told me

Still think I would prefer a shock with independent Compression and Rebound damping + Ride height adjustment though.

I agree that you don't want to overdo the compression damping and compromise the feel or drive from the rear wheel but 2 clicks more in my case may improve things (until I try I won't know).
Darren @ MCT advised me to try that and 2 less on the Rebound after I reminded him of my Data Sheet settings.

A more adjustable shock would be preferable as I like a quick turning bike and could do with raising the ride height.
Old 16-Mar-2011, 06:05
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Making life difficult for yourself again Matt
If it has 1" of adjustment then why not set it halfway between where it is at the moment and maximum, then when you try it at Malllory you will soon know if you need to go longer or shorter, rather than just keep going longer in steps until you find the setting you want

Kev dude is right Matt.
There's only one place an extra inch would be used all at once.
Last year I only raised the old wheezer about 5mm and that made a massive difference to how the bike held it's line on the exits. Maybe it was just in my head but it worked.

Old Neil.
Old 16-Mar-2011, 08:41
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Can't see why you need to raise the ride hight! mark never had any problems last year, maybe he didn't lay it over like you do

I would look at how the fairings are fitted, have you had them off & not fitted them correctly?
Old 16-Mar-2011, 09:03
500SD

I am pressuming there is a weight difference between the two riders. If Matt was heavier than Mark then would this not affect the ground clearance of the bike? (Nothing personal just an observation).

Mark.
Old 16-Mar-2011, 09:41
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
I am pressuming there is a weight difference between the two riders. If Matt was heavier than Mark then would this not affect the ground clearance of the bike? (Nothing personal just an observation).

Mark.

Wouldn't think there is a lot in it they are both quite big chaps & I know Matt had the suspension set up by Perry at HM racing so that should be ok.
Old 16-Mar-2011, 11:03
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
Wouldn't think there is a lot in it they are both quite big chaps & I know Matt had the suspension set up by Perry at HM racing so that should be ok.

True, HM Racing re-sprung the front and the back, maybe it's not back together the same as when mark rode it, also, Mark will have a 'different' style to me and may not lean the bike as far, Mark told me that he wore through knee sliders pretty quickly, whereas I still have the first set I ever owned .

perhaps I should 'hang off' abit more and lean a bit less, but my style seems to work for me, I'll just alter the fairing abit so I get the clearance, + a bit more ride height at the rear might make the difference anyway.

If you remember back to Donington in November, I said that I locked the front wheel a couple of times, which being a new bike, I put down to various other things, but in hind-sight it was probably just the rear ride hight.

It's only when you have the experience and when you push really hard that you know what to change and how to change it,

And I'm still learning.

Thanks Chaz - p.s. If I had cleaned and greased the bike a bit better.....?

if there was an award for least prepared person I would surely have won it,,,, Who else didn't even book the day off work

Matt
Old 16-Mar-2011, 11:06
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Chaz

Did you hear that I've got more BHP than the others? and I've done nothing to it, Just and oil change.
Old 16-Mar-2011, 11:59
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Lister was off the tyres, so dont think even the Pieman leans over more than him!!
Old 16-Mar-2011, 12:37
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
Did you hear that I've got more BHP than the others? and I've done nothing to it, Just and oil change.

Must be the 800 motor then